Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

Does the average Norwich fan actually understand football?

[quote user="Larry David"]Every week I sit in the Barclay baffled by some of the comments I hear from people in the crowd. Gems such as:"Hoolahan you''re spoosed to be on the left wing""Don''t pass to Pattison he''ll lose it""Why aren''t we goin forward?"Yesterday for example, people were getting on Wes'' back when he was looking after the ball, looking around to find his man - now you''d think after years of people praying for a creative midfielder who can make things happen, the crowd would be delighted to see this. But no, he should have got rid of it even though there was no pass on. I guarantee the same people who were complaining, would have moaned if he''d tried something quick and lost it.Pattison was getting slated yesterday whilst playing on the right which I admit was a strange decision, but it was one of his best; if not his best performance in a city shirt and his killer pass to Cureton should have resulted in a goal. So obviously Matty gets applauded? No, not by our fans.Which brings me to the point above, do any of you watch football outside of Carrow Road? Do you watch enough football to be able to make an informed opinion? Do you think singing the name of an ex player is really going to inspire the players out there that you''re moaning about?It''s going to be a long season..[/quote]Fantastic user name, fantastic post

[quote user="A steaming pile of Efan Ekoku"][quote user="Larry David"]Every week I sit in the Barclay baffled by some of the comments I hear from people in the crowd. Gems such as:"Hoolahan you''re spoosed to be on the left wing""Don''t pass to Pattison he''ll lose it""Why aren''t we goin forward?"Yesterday for example, people were getting on Wes'' back when he was looking after the ball, looking around to find his man - now you''d think after years of people praying for a creative midfielder who can make things happen, the crowd would be delighted to see this. But no, he should have got rid of it even though there was no pass on. I guarantee the same people who were complaining, would have moaned if he''d tried something quick and lost it.Pattison was getting slated yesterday whilst playing on the right which I admit was a strange decision, but it was one of his best; if not his best performance in a city shirt and his killer pass to Cureton should have resulted in a goal. So obviously Matty gets applauded? No, not by our fans.Which brings me to the point above, do any of you watch football outside of Carrow Road? Do you watch enough football to be able to make an informed opinion? Do you think singing the name of an ex player is really going to inspire the players out there that you''re moaning about?It''s going to be a long season..[/quote]Fantastic user name, fantastic post[/quote]Thanks [:$]