Sign in to follow this  
Be Smart & sell to Cullum

Scum back in for Shola.. Move fast Glenn

''I only moan about what i think needs moaning about , Hoolahan is a great buy (would we have got him but for the release clause though) but nobody will convince me that getting in all these kids are a good thing , take Koroma 18 year old never played in this country did anybody really think he would cope with Championship football ? As for spending money well what we have spent is peanuts and still we cannot afford a decent striker , yet we can turn away a billionaire who wants to plough £20 million into the playing side .My opinion is Delia Smith needs putting in a straight jacket and carried out of Carrow Road before we all end up in League 1.''

1. The release clause comment is pure speculation. You have absolutely nothing to back that up.

2. Well, obviously Harry Redknapp, Tony Adams, Glenn Roeder, Lee Clarke, and the other members of the coaching staff think Koroma can cut it, not just at Championship level, but potentially at Premier level too. Hence Pompey singing him, and hence us loaning him.

3. Where''s the proof that we can''t afford a decent striker? The fact that we haven''t signed a big man yet means nothing; Glenn is quite clearly looking around, and has his targets. (Whether i have faith in him to land them yet is another matter, and one the jury is still out on.) Ipswich have money, yet they''re in the same boat as us. Where are all there new players, and top class strikers? Even if we did have money it wouldn''t necessarily make the right players available, or speed up the negotiations.

4. As much as we''d all have loved to see a billionaire pumping some cash into our club, we do need to be a little more realistic here. Am i the only one who thinks it''s rather hypocritcal how the same people who harp on about how our current board refusing to meet the price tags on any decent players don''t lay any of the blame on Cullum for not meeting Delia''s (in my opinion very fair, considering the ground, training facilities, academy, hotel, restaurant, etc) valuation of the football club?

Excuse the poor grammar and spelling. It''s been a long week! ;o)

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Not writing him off just thinking maybe those big old centre halfs will shove him off the ball all to easily , its a rough old league.
[/quote]

It is a rough old league but I am happy to see footballers playing for Norwich City. Criticisms of Cureton and Croft would be valid from what I have seen this season but surely we should give young Koroma a chance. I have really liked what I have seen so far from him.

[quote]

2. Well, obviously Harry Redknapp, Tony Adams, Glenn Roeder, Lee Clarke, and the other members of the coaching staff think Koroma can cut it, not just at Championship level, but potentially at Premier level too. Hence Pompey singing him, and hence us loaning him.

[/quote]

how many duff Foreigners has ''Arry signed in his managerial career.....?

jas :)

A fair few, i''ll grant.

But i''m answering the question ''did anybody really think he would cope with Championship football ?'', and personally i''m more willing to trust the combined judgement of Redknapp, Adams, Roeder and Clarke than i am to trust the opinions of some random, and very negative, bloke on a football message board.

Two games seems an incredibly short amount of time to come to the conclusion that Koroma, or any player for that matter, isn''t good enough.