Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Dont spend, dont achieve. Its that simple.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Jim Duffy"]

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Someone has to come last, that is the whole point.  Only three teams can win in this league, are we any less ambitious if we arent one of them.[/quote]

Congratulations. You are probably the perfect example of the mediocrity-loving, family-day-out City fan.

[/quote]

Trouble is there seems to be getting on for 20,000 of `em these days.....ever sat in the Jarrold stand? [8-)]

Still, the toilets are shiny and the pies are tasty so the club are getting the important things right.....

[/quote]that''s where i sit. ever sat in the jarrold stand and not heard me? no.don''t lump all in a stand together. It was better last season than it was two years ago, which in tun was better that the South stand used to be, it''s coming along, slowly.This is so depressing. those of us that are not idiots but remain optimistic are left feeling like there''s less to cling on to as Aug 31st approaches. However i still feel the money is being re-invested into the club and there isn''t enough left to make a 5m splash plus wages for the kind of "stars" referred to earlier in this post. this is so depressing, just thread after thread of the same posters making the same point and having the same arguments with the same other posters almost word for word.and the answer to "well why are you still here then" is the same reason to if you ask yourself that question.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Jim Duffy"]

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Someone has to come last, that is the whole point.  Only three teams can win in this league, are we any less ambitious if we arent one of them.[/quote]

Congratulations. You are probably the perfect example of the mediocrity-loving, family-day-out City fan.

[/quote]

Trouble is there seems to be getting on for 20,000 of `em these days.....ever sat in the Jarrold stand? [8-)]

[/quote]

. . . cue mental picture of Hucks in the Jarrold on his return, making his feelings known in typical Hucks fashion about what''s on display and being told to "shut up and get behind the team" . . . [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Jim Duffy"]

[/quote]Trouble is there seems to be getting on for 20,000 of `em these days.....ever sat in the Jarrold stand? [8-)]

Still, the toilets are shiny and the pies are tasty so the club are getting the important things right.....[/quote]If you are eating your pies in the toilets Mr. Carrow, it''s not surprising they''re tasty. [:D]

[/quote]

They don`t smell too good for some reason though.....[:^)] [+o(]

I''m guessing you haven''t sat in the Jarrold Mr. C, the toilets are definitely not shiny, it''s like a concrete jungle under the stand.

I sit there, have my season ticket there, and I take offence by what you say, because no offence, I think the area I sit in sing as much as the Barclay and SnakePit. Both these areas have a reputation which far exceeds what they are really like, unoriginal and for 85/90% of the time silent. Many of you just like to claim you are better than the rest of the stadium, when realistically you are not, in fact I find myself laughing at the Barclay more often than not for the embarrassing chants that they come up with.

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Jim Duffy"]

[/quote]

Still, the toilets are shiny and the pies are tasty so the club are getting the important things right.....

[/quote]

that''s where i sit. ever sat in the jarrold stand and not heard me? no.don''t lump all in a stand together. It was better last season than it was two years ago, which in tun was better that the South stand used to be, it''s coming along, slowly.

This is so depressing. those of us that are not idiots but remain optimistic are left feeling like there''s less to cling on to as Aug 31st approaches. However i still feel the money is being re-invested into the club and there isn''t enough left to make a 5m splash plus wages for the kind of "stars" referred to earlier in this post.

this is so depressing, just thread after thread of the same posters making the same point and having the same arguments with the same other posters almost word for word.

and the answer to "well why are you still here then" is the same reason to if you ask yourself that question.
[/quote]

My post was a bit tongue-in-cheek, i know there are good supporters in the Jarrold.  A couple of my mates have season tickets in there and they don`t agree it`s getting better, far from it.  I`ve been in there 6-7 times in the last couple of seasons and it`s got worse every game, culminating in 6 of us at the "must-win" QPR game last season being surrounded by 100 or so mutes bedecked head to toe in yellow and green giving us evils or looking petrified because we were joining in with the Barclay/Snakepits songs at full decibel.  Had we lost that game we would almost certainly have been relegated and i honestly don`t think these people were even aware of it.  If we were all like that the place would have been a morgue, but then i suppose they had more important things on their minds such as which flavour pie to have at half time, or whether that was Stephen Fry next to Delia over in the main stand......

[quote user="Fat Strawberry"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Jim Duffy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

. . . cue mental picture of Hucks in the Jarrold on his return, making his feelings known in typical Hucks fashion about what''s on display and being told to "shut up and get behind the team" . . . [:D]

[/quote]

To be honest, unless a player is clearly not giving a monkeys i am anti negativity and moaning at games Strawbs.  I remember giving that model commited pro Paul Dalgliesh grief away at Derby in the cup and i gave Francis both barrels when he dumped on the club and was then brought on as a sub in a friendly V Inter Milan after relegation.  This being Norwich though he got as many cheers as boo`s that day [8-)].

I`ve used the "shut up and get behind the team" line myself several times to some annoying whingers, but the thing is we actually put our larynxes on the line and get behind the team, but we appear to be a dying breed these days.  The weird thing is that the more yellow and green people plaster themselves with the quieter they tend to be in my experience.....