Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

Why the 'big man' obsession?

Crouch wouldnt be worth... was it £9 million? Whatever Pompy paid for him if he was stupidly tall. He doesnt score enough as a striker to justify it. Height and strength is like potential in football, theyre assets rather than skills- a young player may not be brilliant but if he''s a talent and is ''only going to get better'' he is bound to be valued more. Same deal with a lofty forward, they may not be a goalscoring force but if they can provide chances for others and also provide a little extra defensive clout at an opposition corner (in true Drogba style) then theyre considered more valuable.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Ask my former lovers Shack.....it does make a difference.....

Trust me.

[/quote]
But on the other thread you said you''re the one who comes first... thus proving, its not the size that matters, its what you do with it... [;)]

Oh, and by the way Jas, Arsenal achieved greater success this year than in recent times by using Adebayor to hold up the play and flick the ball onto the likes of Eduardo.  He also has pace and skill meaning he can play both roles effectively.  Previously Arsenal just had nice quick little passes into feet and for Henry to run onto.  They''re a different team now the Frenchmen''s gone, imo...
[/quote]

Ahhhhh....but...if you have the size you don''t need to be able to use it very well. The awe itself is often enough.... [:)]

In my dreams I think........

[/quote]

So you just whip it out and leave them open-mouthed? Handy.......... [:P]
[/quote]

Actually getting to "whip it out" would be considered a success for me......

I am seeking help.....[;)]

Also if having a big man means we can change style. Things are not working with two smaller players, throw on the big man to rough the defence up a bit, just the same as bringing on a pacy player to run at tired defenders.