Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Calling All Manchester Canaries!

[quote user="Chrisr"]

[quote user="7rew"]Joshua Brooks (next to the lass) has a spurs fan landlord, and there is no other sport on at the time.

my mate who is a spud fan is out the country, but they are on in a pub up here whenever they are on.
[/quote]

As I remember Joshua brooks was a bit of a dive 3 years ago. Maybe they''ve done it up since then!

If you''ve not ventured down to West Didsbury yet then do, French quarter of Manchester darling.

Oh and  after the 4 in hand pop across to a brilliant posh takeaway next to Pizza express. Either that or wonder round to the Met on palatine road and then to a rather nice Indian across the road.

Makes me wish I was back up there! I wonder if the Lass still does meals for £1.40 like it used to....

[/quote]

Is the Old Cock Inn still there ?

Just checked and the Old Cock Inn is still there, when I was a student there the Old Cock was a great picking up joint, know what I mean. Anyway, tonight''s match try :-

Royal Oak
729 Wilmslow Road, Didsbury Village, Manchester 20. Tel: 0161-445 3152.
Restored to its former glory after a disastrous fire, this pub offers a wide range of cheese and pâté lunches of giant proportions. No games, music or children allowed. Sky Sports television. A busy old-fashioned and comfortable inn. Open Mon-Sat 11.00am-11.00pm, Sunday 12noon-3.00pm and 7.00pm-7.30pm

I''m pretty sure I''ve been to the Old Cock, not the Royal Oak though...

I reckon its on with Varsity! Come on Mancs, get on here and get yourselves down there!

Got a Coventry City as well as a Manchester City for housemates - I''l try and drag them both down...

Ha ha, cool... I''ve just heard from a Mackem mate, he''ll probably pop

down too... All we need are some Geordies and a Yorkshireman or two and

we''ll practically have the whole country covered![:)]