Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

No over-30's please, unless..............

I think that as a rule City should steer clear of over-30''s in seeking to strengthen the squad.

Unless, and only unless, we have the good fortune to attract a player of the HIGHEST class, who is also a consumate professional, of good character, fit, not injury-prone and in love with the game.

Previous successful City managers have signed such Canary icons with tremendous benefits in terms of leadership, example, invaluable experience and insight - and simply raising the performance bar for the whole squad.

Examples who come to mind are Bobby Brennan (in his place and time), Martin Peters, Martin O''Neil and Mick Channon.

Please no ageing crocks, no fading prima donnas, no expensive gambles in this age-group.

Is there a future City icon out there??

Any suggestions?

OTBC

I''m sorry BlyBlyBabes but I think that''s a bit ridiculous ruling out virtually anyone over 30. I''m sure we''re not going to buy anyone who can''t cut it in the Prem. We do are homework pretty well. As well as quality in a Premiership squad though you need experience. At the moment, apart from the Huck, I don''t think we have a player who has played in the Premiership. A player who comes in, who has Premiership experience can help the squad, not just on the pitch. If we brought in a player who knew the game, knew some the players and knew the style, he could give our players some pointers. A player like (and don''t worry I definitely don''t want him) Teddy Sheringham, would be good. He''s been there and done it at the highest level and knows what it''s like.

I do see your point. Lets not buy anyone who''s just looking for one last pay packet. But lets not rule out some experience in our squad too.

Norwich players with premiership experiance

Edworthy for Crystal Palace and Coventry
Fleming for Oldham
Francis for wimbledon
Huckerby for Coventry, Man City and Leeds
Svenson for Charlton

So still experiance there!!!

Fair point Iwan''s front teeth, I forgot about Sven. However, as regards to Edworthy, Fleming and Francis none of them have been in the Premiership for about 6 or 7 years!! I would hardly want to rely on them!