Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Adam Chambers bid accepted?

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Wings"]

You think Adam Chambers is the sort of name I want to see linked? Of course not - but equally I can see if you''re building a squad you aren''t going to be signing 22 stars. He''s got good Championship experience, plays in positions we need reinforced and is rated by his current team.

You need to be realistic and realise for every star name we are linked with we are going to be linked with 3 others. The expectation you clearly harbour is incredibly unrealistic.

[/quote]

He would be any excellent signing for us. Given the competition we are up against we would do well to land any half decent, highly rated player. I get the impression alot of people on here are expecting an influx of quality players this summer. Dream on. We will bring 6 new signings as well as loanees. If we signed 6 Adam Chambers we should count ourselves lucky.

[/quote]

Nice to see you''re setting your sites as high as a few more on here.

Personally dont know anything about him,  but a mix of experienced and talented youngsters are what we should be targetting;  Leon, Drury and Holt came from unfashionable clubs and were not household names before we signed them.   If he is one of a mix and has potential then I would welcome him and hope he has the same sort of impact as Drury for example... 

I agree with you to a certain extent Arthur but there are bargains out there.  And it isn''t just about who you sign its about what you do with them.  Look what Allardyce managed with his team of golden oldies and rejects at Bolton in comparison to say Newcastle, Middlesborough and Fulham who all had far superior budgets.  We have to shop bargain basement this time because we need so many, but in fairness we have always done it that way.

But like you I too am concerned about the lack of class coming thorugh from the youth.  Maybe that is what the mini backroom clearout is all about, an attempt to start putting it right.  This is the worst I have ever known it too from a playing point of view.  But for every down there has to be an up, I am hoping this season will be the start of it.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

I agree with you to a certain extent Arthur but there are bargains out there.  And it isn''t just about who you sign its about what you do with them.  Look what Allardyce managed with his team of golden oldies and rejects at Bolton in comparison to say Newcastle, Middlesborough and Fulham who all had far superior budgets.  We have to shop bargain basement this time because we need so many, but in fairness we have always done it that way.

But like you I too am concerned about the lack of class coming thorugh from the youth.  Maybe that is what the mini backroom clearout is all about, an attempt to start putting it right.  This is the worst I have ever known it too from a playing point of view.  But for every down there has to be an up, I am hoping this season will be the start of it.

[/quote]

Yes we can but hope, it just seems to me that there has been no long term thinking at our club for years now and to much sitting on hands looking at feet and hoping for the best, hence the current situation. I hope things do change,i really do but we''ve been down this road with to much ''prudence'' and not enough ''ambition'' and the words coming out of the corridors with Doomcaster now using Gretna as an example of how not to do it says to me its going to be same ole city again.[:(]