Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Has Martin Patterson's agent already talked to Norwich?

It reads as though the manager spoke to Norwich, not the agent. Even then he contradicts himself.

''Norwich haven''t been in touch'' followed by ''I''ve spoken to Norwich''

Make your mind up matey!

I think he means he hasn''t spoken to Norwich recently.  Norwich made a move for him in the winter and I guess that is when he spoke to us. It does read a little strange, but I think that is mainly down to Sky Sports.I''m sure Scunthorpe would be open to offers, just been relegated and Patersons vaule now is much more than it will be come January and a quick sale now will bring in the most amount of revenue possible.I think he could be a good player for us, but it would be a big risk. He stuck out as one of the better players in a poor team, so it''s hard to tell if he was just better than Paul Haynes (not hard really) or actually a good player.

[quote user="Jonny 5"]

I''m sure Scunthorpe would be open to offers, just been relegated and Patersons vaule now is much more than it will be come January and a quick sale now will bring in the most amount of revenue possible.

[/quote]

So if Paterson has scored 25 goals by January and Scunthorpe are chasing promotion he''d be available for less than he would this summer just after relegation?

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Jonny 5"]

I''m sure Scunthorpe would be open to offers, just been relegated and Patersons vaule now is much more than it will be come January and a quick sale now will bring in the most amount of revenue possible.

[/quote]

So if Paterson has scored 25 goals by January and Scunthorpe are chasing promotion he''d be available for less than he would this summer just after relegation?

[/quote]

Actually I suppose it might be less in January if his contract was up in the summer...

The article says that he''s scored 14 goals this season (the same as cureton) and at 5'' 10" i think we''d be better going for a taller striker and one that is more proven at this level. Having said that i don''t think getting him in would be a terrible decision.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Jonny 5"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Or he has scored 5 goals, Scunthorpe are struggling and is worth ten pounds.His value is high now, and Scunthorpe know it. It''s true he could go on and have a great beginning to the season and be worth as much, if not more, but that is a risk. He is Scunthorpe''s most sellable asset, so of course they are looking to sell him on, and at a nice profit.