Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

[:@] Marshall

I find it hard to believe that the board is full complainys about Roeder''s "tinkering" and yet people are suggesting that we drop one of the top keepers in the Championship for an unproven keeper (at this level).That''s not to have a pop at Gilks, I''m sure he''s a good keeper, but it''s a fact of life that if your number one goalie is performing, number two won''t get a game.

I too thought he was far from ''average''on Sat;  Lack of communication, poor on crosses and lack of confidence generally.  His is a decent shot stopper and has not had a bad season,  but hisperformances have not matched the hype.

Had that performance come from an outfield player he would be replaced but cos he is a keeper he is not.  Like most I have not seen Gilks play but some people I know whose opinion I trust rate him highly and so I would like to seem him given some games - otherwise he will be off in the summer - and I would rather have gilks be OK and sell marshall to fund some outfield players than lose gilks for little/nothing and keep marshall;  but only if Gilks can impress.