Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free Bet this weekend.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Thank you Ardee for the honor of picking next week.  Today is my 35th birthday, so while still a "young gun," I''m not as young as yesterday.  I''ll be combing the forms all this week and I''d love as many people as possible to submit their naps.  The more help from all of you just makes my job easier.   [/quote]

Well its happy returns of the day for you then Newyork Canary , I hope you have a nice day . yes you are in charge this coming weekend , remember there is no pressure on you , just do your own thing and enjoy it ,always remember there is no finger pointing on the Free Bet pages , Its just a bit of fun for you City fans to enjoy , that is true when I say Norwich city fans because no other club has the Free Bet we were the first , we are the only fans perhaps in the world  that can win money for our Academy with our knowledge of football . Now I find that great I hope you do too .

If I could ask you a question Newyork how did you become a Canary fan ? just wondering how it evolved , I cant think we have too many City fans in New york . Talk to you lovely old boys later [Y] arrdee.

Yankee,Fellas,P''boro,                       £212-56p

Unlucky Yankee. I wasn''t too sure about the dutch selections anyways, and I think malaga drew too haven''t they? Oh well. Roll on next week, the money''s there for the academies taking.

Well, I first became a Norwich supporter when I spent some time in Cambridge in 87-88. It was a combination of geography, the whole ethos of the club and my desire not to support a certain London club that everyone and their brother (including mine) supports.  Since that fateful summer in 1987, I then did my Junior year in University (3rd year) in England in 93-94, as I was an English literature major so it was a pretty good place to be.  I worked in England for another year (in London) but stayed true to NCFC all the way.  I was born in New York City and yes, there aren''t many true Yanks supporting the Yellow and Green over here.

We actually have a supporters club here in New York.  A bunch of the guys are coming in for the Coventry and Stoke games, and I heard they will be interviewed by Neil Adams and a few of their kids will be kitted out leading the team onto the pitch. Unfortunately work is crazy then so I couldn''t make it for that trip, otherwise I would be arranging to meet you all for pints before and after the matches.   

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="arrdee"]

No there will be no censorship on the Free Bet thread .arrdee.

[/quote]

No worries Arrdee, I thought this might well be the line you would come down on but it was just an idea that came to me when I saw this weeks selections and at least it provoked a few points of view.  I am just looking forward to next week and having another crack at Dixmar''s profits!

[/quote]

Good Man P''boro , I have been giving your idea a lot of thought over the weekend and it has its merit I will agree but I think back to when televised racing first came to our screens , they say this was best thing that ever happened to the bookmaker why? because punters bet on these races because they were live and they could see the results come in , never mind the sure fire winner at Fontwell that they would discard in order to back something in the live races even if there was nothing they fancied much .

As there are less and less matches k.o. off Sat 3o''clock especially in the Prem I think we have to move with the times and if this means spreading the Free Bet out over the weekend so be it , if it means getting winners from Europe so be it . There is a page that brings you the live scores as they happen , I have been watching it this afternoon , you just click on any league in Europe they will bring you every goal as it goes in .

But don''t be put off by my stance , keep those thoughts coming in if there is anyway we can improve the Free Bet I want to here about it .    Thanks for that P''boro you lovely old boy [Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                                 £212-56p