Sign in to follow this  
Delias Buns

Canary Call this evening - Play-off's possible?

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]it seems palace are doing a ''palace'' again this season.  anything is possible, but no way with such a small squad.......unless extra and quality bodies arrive. 

would settle for a good platform this season to launch a challenge for next - but again good men are needed, make no mistake - roedy knows it, the fans should know and the board??? we''ll see.  i hope he''s properly backed.
[/quote]

Do you seriously think the board will scupper any serious proposal to make money (Prem = Money). Do you really think they would huddle together and say " Frack this, Reders spotted a real winner that might well take us up and make us all rich and respected - lets say no....."

Norwich City Football club is a business. Ends must meet. Thats a fact of life. Much as we''d all love it to be like Championship Manager - it isn''t. This is life. Jobs. Finances. Responsibilites.

Hopes and dreams cost money - serious money. Wealthy people dont get wealthy by throwing it away. Look up the word prudence......

1. The state, quality, or fact of being prudent.

2. Careful management; economy.

SYNONYMS  prudence, discretion, foresight, forethought, circumspection. These nouns refer to the exercise of good judgment, common sense, and even caution, especially in the conduct of practical matters. Prudence is the most comprehensive: “She had been forced into prudence in her youth, she learned romance as she grew older” (Jane Austen). Discretion suggests wise self-restraint, as in resisting a rash impulse: “The better part of valor is discretion” (Shakespeare). Foresight implies the ability to foresee and make provision for what may happen: She had the foresight to make backups of her computer files. Forethought suggests advance consideration of future eventualities: The empty refrigerator indicated a lack of forethought. Circumspection implies discretion, as out of concern for moral or social repercussions: “The necessity of the times, more than ever, calls for our utmost circumspection” (Samuel Adams).

ITS LIFE !!!!!
[/quote]

Prudence is life? Poor you.

Entrepreneurs mainly get rich by taking risks. And gambling that ends will meet - eventually.

Why do your posts often lack internal logic?

OTBC

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]playoffs, you Percy''s, bless your hearts.[/quote]

What Palace have just achieved makes me realise it''s possible. Thing is palace have time to drop out again. The ideal time to arrive in the top 6 is Sunday May 4th. We have only lost once since Nov 10th so it''s possible Ricky, even if unlikely.

Is it not ambitious to aim for the play offs and dream? Even if its more prudent to settle for 20th and build for next season.

So is it ambition or prudence for you Nancy''s?

Bless your cotton socks.

Have a good week ''til next week [;)]

[/quote]

Sorry nutty, but I''m gonna have to disagree with you. Whilst it would be fantastic to make the play-offs at the end of the season, even better if the scummers don''t, just think what happened to Palace the season after they got promoted with us. They got relegated with us. It was too soon for them, as I think it would be too soon for us. Give it another year or two then yes, I believe that Roeder will have more things in place.

Don''t get me wrong, I like to dream nutty - but that''s a dream too far at the moment for me!

[/quote]

Promotion can never be too soon.

Any time it comes we''ll need a huge squad clear-out and revamp to stand any chance of surviving - this year, next year, whenever.

Plus a smart manager like Glenn Roeder.

Of course, we can get promotion this year but it is unlikely that we will.

Romantic dreams of glory are at the heart of being a true football supporter.

Dream the dream - and if it doesn''t happen this year, dream it again next year.

OTBC 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]playoffs, you Percy''s, bless your hearts.[/quote]

What Palace have just achieved makes me realise it''s possible. Thing is palace have time to drop out again. The ideal time to arrive in the top 6 is Sunday May 4th. We have only lost once since Nov 10th so it''s possible Ricky, even if unlikely.

Is it not ambitious to aim for the play offs and dream? Even if its more prudent to settle for 20th and build for next season.

So is it ambition or prudence for you Nancy''s?

Bless your cotton socks.

Have a good week ''til next week [;)]

[/quote]

Sorry nutty, but I''m gonna have to disagree with you. Whilst it would be fantastic to make the play-offs at the end of the season, even better if the scummers don''t, just think what happened to Palace the season after they got promoted with us. They got relegated with us. It was too soon for them, as I think it would be too soon for us. Give it another year or two then yes, I believe that Roeder will have more things in place.

Don''t get me wrong, I like to dream nutty - but that''s a dream too far at the moment for me!

[/quote]

Promotion can never be too soon.

Any time it comes we''ll need a huge squad clear-out and revamp to stand any chance of surviving - this year, next year, whenever.

Plus a smart manager like Glenn Roeder.

Of course, we can get promotion this year but it is unlikely that we will.

Romantic dreams of glory are at the heart of being a true football supporter.

Dream the dream - and if it doesn''t happen this year, dream it again next year.

OTBC 

[/quote]

I don''t doubt that for a second Bly - it''s just that I''m trying to be realistic and not get my hopes up too much!

For the moment anyway.....

can''t see us getting to play offs christmas games at home 4 points lost turn these draws into wins and see where we get top 10 after a season like we had would be magic keep it going glenn doing a fine job with no money yet 2weeks to go get taylor in before scum doAngry [:@]

It is clearly possible for us to make the playoffs this season but i don''t think we will.  Its such a big ask for us to keep our current form up till the end of the season.  We are only 4pts off the relegation zone so I would rather us get safe first and then start thinking about the playoffs.  I also have concerns that say we did make the playoff and went up, we would be the wipping boys in the Prem like Derby are now and no one wants to see that.  Maybe if we got promotion next season we could have a fighting chance of satying up