Sign in to follow this  
Inch High aka Inchy..

6 Games.

This board makes for pretty depressing reading  tonight, infact it has since the Doomcasters columm in the EDP.

The negative posts after the Taylor debacle and todays game would have most people suicidle with just about everybody and everything from Roeder to the pie sellers to Layer road  getting a bashing somewhere(from the same posters it has to be said).

Don''t get me wrong, I know that there is a lot wrong with my/our beloved club at the moment that is not going to right itself overnight. I''m not a board luvie and still am not sure how or why the Turners were allowed to buy into the club so cheaply(a loan) but I''ll hold that thought until we see their comitment during the January window.  Hey maybe we should invite the Kings Lynn lotto lout to take  a place on the board for a million pounds.

Anyway to get to the point. The last 6 games have resulted in 4 wins, 1 lose, and 1 draw or 13 valuable points, in my book that''s not a bad record is it?

Scrappy untidy games granted, sometimes like today downright bloody ugly and lucky to get anything from the game. But the team did.

Surely it''s about getting the points at the moment regardless of how we get them until we see our prudent bloody boards commitment come the January sales where hopefully Mr Roeder will be allowed to shore up the defences(not holding my breath). Until then we will have to play with what we have(scrappy or not)and keep picking up valuable points however we can. 

At the end of the day we have gained the 13 points in the last 6 games and moved from the bottom and well adrift of the rest to 4 places from the bottom and 3 points from the heady heights of 17th place in the table.

Is it all negative? Not to me.

Cast your minds back 5 weeks.

Support the team regardless of how we gain the points for now and hope that January brings some sort of board commitment(god I hope so).

All these negatives do filter there way back to our team and it really can''t help things.

Never felt the need to post before but I''ve spent the night hunting for scraps of positive things and found them in the shape of 13 points in 6 games.

Spot on. We know enough about Roeder now to see he prefers football played on the deck, but we are in a relegation scrap and I was pleased with the way we scrapped today to get a point. We know we can play better, but to play so badly and still get a point is promising. I also hope that GR gets funds in Jan, it seems he has a shopping list and knows what his budget is. We have to remember though that changing managers is expensive, the loans would have been very expensive, and I really doubt Glenn came cheap. People expecting multi-millions will be disappointed. Its a promising sign though that we seem to have agreed wages with Tiny, he wouldn''t be cheap, I think the Turners have already pumped in more then the 2m loan over the summer, I just don''t think they will throw money around as much as some would like.

Don''t get me wrong, I don''t expect the Turners to throw millions and millions into the shopping budget(10 million a poster on here suggested)but enough commitment to secure our place in this division for now. Not so much a war chest as it would have to be a battle chest.[:)]

[quote]I think the Turners have already pumped in more then the 2m loan over the summer, I just don''t think they will throw money around as much as some would like.[/quote]

Surely they would''ve cancelled the "loan" first before giving up more money. Why keep a loan running but continue to throw money away into the same club you''ve loaned money to?

Back to the original post.

I totally agree. I am more then happy with 13 points from 6 games!! Considering we were 5-6 points adrift last month this is a great turn around.

Our away form is one of the worst in the league so the point was a good starting point.

Now lets go to QPR and push ourselfs up to 17th place!!

We have our two hardest games over xmas but there both at home.

Really we should stop beating ourselfs up I''m happy to have one bad game a month and still get a point

Come on CITY 13 more points from the next 6 will do me fine!!

To put things in perspective, that was an awful, shambolic display last night, but I have to say I''ve witnessed plenty of those over the years under every Manager of NCFC. Yes, even Walker and Brown (two of my favourite City managers) would occasionally serve up some dross. But not often, mind!

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

[quote]I think the Turners have already pumped in more then the 2m loan over the summer, I just don''t think they will throw money around as much as some would like.[/quote]

Surely they would''ve cancelled the "loan" first before giving up more money. Why keep a loan running but continue to throw money away into the same club you''ve loaned money to?

[/quote]

Because then they could charge interest on the loan, which would reduce any net profit and therefore any tax payable by the club. All "smoke and mirrors" but anything that reduces the corporation tax bill should be welcomed.

Mark .Y.