Sign in to follow this  
albyella

Last night...

1st half was dire, whole crowd shell-shocked - only player(s) that showed anything at all was Crouch (on his own, with no support) and SWP (ran his little heart out). I have never experienced a Wembley so subdued at 1/2 time. 2nd half was rocking - like him or not, Beckham DID make a difference, and not just the inch perfect pass through for Crouch''s goal - he was back defending and clearing the lines. However, I don''t know if it was seen on TV, but after our 2nd goal, McClaren was up and waving the players back to defend for a draw - this when the Croatians were all over the place and we could have pushed for a 3rd.

At the end of the match, the only 2 players to come across and thank the fans were Beckham & Crouch - the rest just walked off.

So, totally deflated this morning, expect McClaren will be gone by lunch time (£2.5M pay off, he must be hurting.....) BUT, roll on Saturday with renewed optimism

I knew we were out as soon as the 1st Croatian goal went in. It was such a massive game, and I just felt our current team don''t have sufficient determination or spirit to come back from adversity. It might have been different if Beckham had started and if England had a competent goalkeeper available. I''m not sure if there is one goalie, anywhere in the country, up to the task just now.

Who''s next in the hot seat?  Martin O'' Neil?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

Is any City supporter on here really that bothered about what happened last night.........?

We''ve got a huge pile of the smelly brown stuff in our own back yard to clear up first. 

[/quote]

I am City over England any time, but I am ENGLISH and it was ENGLAND playing last night, and Norwich didn''t have a game - so what''s your point???

[quote user="albyella"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

Is any City supporter on here really that bothered about what happened last night.........?

We''ve got a huge pile of the smelly brown stuff in our own back yard to clear up first. 

[/quote]

I am City over England any time, but I am ENGLISH and it was ENGLAND playing last night, and Norwich didn''t have a game - so what''s your point???

[/quote]

Fair comment albyella, City over England for me too.....

My point was that England, like Norwich, are at present a basket case and we only kid ourselves if we seriously think the national team is capable of winning any major tournaments in the near future.

Obviously each to his own but why double your grief when we''ve already got more than enough to worry about at Carrow Road ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]Is this more to do with club over contry?

I was bothered what happend to England as i am what happens at Carrow Rd.

But in both cases the people in charge dont give a dam what we think.

It has been said befor, there is too much money in FOOTBALL or in our case the lack of it "on the pitch" at Carrow Rd is killing FOOTBALL.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST