Sign in to follow this  
nottingham nick

Mike Bassett - Football Manager film

I know that most of you will probably have already seen it, but for those who haven''t;
It features Norwich City manager winning league to get promotion, open top bus tour of Norwich, then he becomes England manager and so on.
Not that we want to lose him, but Nigel you''re half way there ???

Nick

It''s on Sky Movies again tonight I think.

I remember that and it weren''t bad. Ricky Tomlinson who I personally think is brilliant was quite good in the role and brought that comedy aspect and funny side of it to the film. One thing that went against him if I remember hearing correctly is that he refused to come to Norfolk and they scene of the victory parade was actually done in St Albans or somewhere like that. On the night of our parade I kept laughing a few times and remembering that bit of the parade in the film when the driver took a wrong turn and could only get onto the dual carrigeway ( which was doubling up as the A11) and Bassett (Tomlinson) in his scouser voice shouting something similar to "you''ve gone the wrong ******* way" and they had to go miles down the dual carrigeway before they could possibly turn round. Imagine if that would of have happened on our victory parade night.

Yes the funniest bit for me was when he was in the bar and said that with the tablets he was taking he had to keep off the booze, but one little drink wouldn''t hurt.........