Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Accidental wealth.

Some people inherit wealth.

Some people create wealth.

Some people become wealthy by accident.

If one thinks in this modern age that most wealthy people involved in club ownership/investment are ''idiots'' who are prepared to just ''chuck money at football clubs'', then it strongly suggests that one came by one''s wealth by accident, or perhaps a set of happy coincidences not driven by oneself.

I''m afraid that our club is in a parlous state.

But there again we might find a wealthy Norfolk-born lottery winner who is a sufficient idiot to chuck some money our way.

Poor us. 

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

If one thinks in this modern age that most wealthy people involved in club ownership/investment are ''idiots'' who are prepared to just ''chuck money at football clubs'', then it strongly suggests that one came by one''s wealth by accident, or perhaps a set of happy coincidences not driven by oneself.[/quote]Abramovich being a fine example of that. There are many routes to wealth, some more acceptable than others, but some football club owners (and fans) are pimps, happy to sell their club to any client who''s willing to pay, whatever his background.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]I''m afraid that our club is in a parlous state.

But there again we might find a wealthy Norfolk-born lottery winner who is a sufficient idiot to chuck some money our way.[/quote]I came home on the A11 on Saturday and I saw no queue of potential buyers trying to get past Checkpoint Delia, so you''re right - that may be the only way.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

If one thinks in this modern age that most wealthy people involved in club ownership/investment are ''idiots'' who are prepared to just ''chuck money at football clubs'', then it strongly suggests that one came by one''s wealth by accident, or perhaps a set of happy coincidences not driven by oneself.[/quote]Abramovich being a fine example of that. There are many routes to wealth, some more acceptable than others, but some football club owners (and fans) are pimps, happy to sell their club to any client who''s willing to pay, whatever his background.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]I''m afraid that our club is in a parlous state.

But there again we might find a wealthy Norfolk-born lottery winner who is a sufficient idiot to chuck some money our way.[/quote]I came home on the A11 on Saturday and I saw no queue of potential buyers trying to get past Checkpoint Delia, so you''re right - that may be the only way.

[/quote]

Old Boy.

Unfortunately many of the folks who acquire accidental wealth have no savvy in business at all - including the successful running of football clubs. They are the ones to avoid - or the ones get a divorce from![:-*]

Yes Old Boy, DWJ must indeed be a formidable sight standing four-square on the Norfolk boundary repelling all unqualified investors.

I suppose she leaves Doncaster in charge when she goes home across the boundary to Stowmarket to sleep etc. Now, any General worth his salt would spot this weakness and plot & plan appropriately (of which I shall say no more at this time[:)])

OTBC

But there again we might find a wealthy Norfolk-born lottery winner who is a sufficient idiot to chuck some money our way.

Michael Carroll springs to mind, but he''s too busy banger racing in his back garden.

Would a norfolk born lottery winner have enough money to pleasure those of the pink un message board?

well i suppose he may shut you all up for about a week