Sign in to follow this  
My spoon is too big!

Webteam - Quicktime videos as well as Windows Media?

Pink''un web team, is there any chance of you folks also offering a Quicktime version of the videos you put online? I''m pretty certain Mac users all have trouble getting the streams to buffer properly. I can''t see more than the first 20 seconds of your wmv files before they simply stop.

If you were to use a service like www.blip.tv it''d automatically convert the video into other formats, maximising the number of folks who can see them. Blip also lets you keep all your rights to the video, unlike YouTube.

So, anyway... any chance?

Are there any other frequenters of the pink''un board using MacOS? Please tell me I''m not the only one!

Would this help?

Windows Media® Components for QuickTime has been highly optimized for Power Mac G4 and G5 and Intel computers and supports playback of high-definition Windows Media video files.With Windows Media® Components for QuickTime, by Flip4Mac™, you can play Windows Media files (.wma and .wmv) directly in QuickTime Player and view Windows Media content on the Internet using a Web browser.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/wmcomponents.mspx

I use Ubuntu here, and the WMVs work fine. I agree though, Quicktime/Mpeg alternative downloads would be a nice feature.