Sign in to follow this  
Mr  Whiz

Zagorakis

out of contract at AEK Athens, and desperate to come to the premiership. said to be on around £10,000, named player of Euro 2004

i know he may prefer to go for a big team but surely worth a look...

The guy in reality is an above average player who stood out because he played in a lucky Greek team. They worked extremely hard in a system designed to take advantage of luck, 9 times out of ten they would have been knocked out in the group stages.

He will now have an inflated reputation which will burst when the team who hands him 30k a week realises he is not even as good as Dabizas.

If we could get him it would be a sensational swoop to have a European championship winner in the squad, but not only that the captain of the squad that won it. I also thought the same about the Greek defender Dellas who was also one of the players of the tournament, who could possibly be loaned out from Roma for first team experience, but could we get any of the Greek players who won euro 2004 because now they are hot property in the transfer market. Although I think Zagorakis would be a possibility as he is quite old now, I haven’t heard anyone linked with him and he wouldn’t cost a lot in wages.