Sign in to follow this  
North Sea Canary

Mark Bowen for Manager!

I strongly believe he should have been appointed manager a year ago!

Did we find out whether he had an interview?

It''s not thats he''s an ex player - Just look at the teams he has been first team coach with! 

Wales with Mark Hughes - for a short period they were playing really good football and improving their status which is difficult under the group seedings set-up.

Birmingham with Steve Bruce - beat us in the play offs and stayed in the premier for a couple of seasons

Blackburn with Mark Hughes - before Brum''s relegation season moved to Blackburn who are a mid table premiership team.

He was known as a moaner and to me that means he sees weaknesses in others - good trait for a Manager!

No No No!

Have we not learnt anything about needing an experienced manager. We have appointed two experienced manager with some sort of reasonable track record (O''Niell and Rioch) at other clubs since John Bond departed. Does that tell you something about our habit of picking managers that the board thinks it can control. Maybe thats why the two genetleman I mentioned did not last long.

Furthermore, why is there always a knee jerk reaction to appoint someone who has palyed for us before. Loyalty is not a factor - Mark Bowen, Ian Crook etc have done nothing for us since they left so what gives them the right to walk back. I would rather get the best of what was available - with the caveat that they play our style of football.

Sorry North Sea Canary, this rant is not aimed at you. This debate is pretty academic anyway since if Grant goes they will look for the cheap or easy to control option and not someone that would challenge. That rules out the likes of Warnock, Martin Allen and Newell.

[quote user="North Sea Canary"]

I strongly believe he should have been appointed manager a year ago!

Did we find out whether he had an interview?

It''s not thats he''s an ex player - Just look at the teams he has been first team coach with! 

Wales with Mark Hughes - for a short period they were playing really good football and improving their status which is difficult under the group seedings set-up.

Birmingham with Steve Bruce - beat us in the play offs and stayed in the premier for a couple of seasons

Blackburn with Mark Hughes - before Brum''s relegation season moved to Blackburn who are a mid table premiership team.

He was known as a moaner and to me that means he sees weaknesses in others - good trait for a Manager!

[/quote]

im sure Archant have the picture of the Welsh national teams goalkeeping coach at the ready! (anyone remember last years howler when Bowen was linked with the job?)

jas :)