Sign in to follow this  
south of the border

Hull v Norwich - Leaving The KC Stadium

It''s been a couple of weeks since Norwich played Hull away, some of you who were at the game like me did not have a great time leaving the stadium because of a few ''idiot'' Hull supporters who congregated behind a fence at the exit and thought it would good sport to throw some abuse and a few bottles in the direction of us norwich supporters, at the time it appeared the hull stewards and the local police were not doing enough to dispurse (or arrest) those responsible for trying to incite trouble between the two groups of supporters.  So I contacted Hull City to try and get an explanation of why this incident was not handled as well as it should have been.  Over the weekend I received the following reply from Hull''s safety officer and I thought that some you may find it of interest, personally I was pleased to learn that the culprits were eventually delt with.

"......Please accept my sincere apologies for the duress that you and any others that were with you were put under by a mindless few Hull City supporters (if you can call them that) whilst leaving our stadium.

Unfortunately you were victims of half a dozen supporters who had earlier been ejected from the ground for their behaviour towards the away supporters. As you say, a bit of banter is expected, but this lot went beyond the acceptable behaviour line and were dealt with accordingly.

Normally at the end of games, Police officers outside the stadium create an arc to divert supporters away from the fence which then allows all supporters to leave the stadium simutaneously, but for whatever reason, they did not do this at this game and subsequently home supporters approached the fence. As the game was Police free inside the stadium, they didn''t have anyone in the control room to correct this action and as a result, when I saw this, I asked our Chief Steward to go down and try to correct this. The Police didn''t respond to the request and I had then to send extra stewards in to get this lot away from the fence by which time the damage had been done.

Since the game, I have viewed the CCTV footage from the area and I''m satisfied that the perpitrators were the six that were ejected from the stadium earlier and who tried to whip up support of others.

When these persons were ejected, local Police officers obtained names and addresses and passed their details on to us. I can now tell you that all six have been banned indefinitely from attending all events at the Stadium. The personal details were also passed on to the Police Football Liaison Officer for his attention.

There are no excuses for the behaviour of this group and though we don''t have a zero tolence, where possible we try to do something about it. This makes the total number of club bans now 64. It is a record we''re not proud of.

Once again, I apologise and thankfully no one was hurt.

Best wishes for the rest of the season."

total club bans 64... looks like Hull are starting to get a reputation they wont want....

Good to see they are taking positive steps though, and I wish them all the best for the season

jas :)

When I went to Hull away last season the supporters were a bit boistrous in the stands (especially the south stand) but there was nothing outside the KC Stadium but near the KC is a 5-a-side pitch where a load of Hull supporters were (teens). They hurled plenty of abuse at us (probably because we just beat them 2-1) but they didn''t try to physically harm like the ones at this match did. Also I dont know whethr they had the metal gates close so that the Hull supporters couldn''t get near any of our own fans. Overall a terrible performance from the police. Hopefully this issue won''t happen again