Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

best moments meeting the players

Has to be when i was mascot and i lost my program, so darren eadie gave me his!

Also chatting to Ade Akinbyi outside the dressing room when he was a youngster at the club and we were waiting for the team talk to finish.

Getting on the end of an andy marshall cross to score past gunny!

Asking Danny Mills'' son what he thought of Norwich!

I met Flem and Hux at the Reedham Ferry during the Bike & Hike. Hux was signing my sons home kit in the middle of the road, as a car was approaching. I said to Hux "watch your back there''s a car coming" he said "well they''ll just have to wait then" didn''t even turn his back but carried on signing and talking to my boy. Cool guy!

I was flying to Dubai in July from Norwich (via Amsterdam) when the squad were on their way down to the Exeter friendly. We got everyones autographs and I managed to have a chat with a couple of players.

I wished JC all the best for the season. Seemed a really down to earth decent guy, as did Lappin.

Asked Safs if he was staying or going, to which he replied staying!

My Mrs was getting wet over Joe Lewis! but didn''t have the courage to go and talk to him.

I walked over to Strihavka, and said Welcome to Norwich, best of luck blah blah blah. He said thankyou and looked a little perplexed. I assumed he hadn''t understood half of what I said, but them later I was queuing behind him in the newsagents, and he bought Mars bars, snikkers, mints etc. He seemed to speak pretty good English to the lady serving him!

I wanted to speak to PG, but he was deep in conversation with Munby right through the security check, until they got on the plane.

I bumped into Henrik Mortenson and Dean Coney one night, as they were in the queue in front of me for the old cinema on Prince of Wales Road.

My mate said to them that he stood more chance of getting a game for City on the following weekend than either or both of them, and my mate has a wooden leg...[<:o)]

met hucks in the bowling place down riverside once... went over and asked if my mates could have their photograph taken with him, i wasn''t so much of a Norwich fan then... was amusing as everyone else was hiding behind the slot machines.

[quote user="Peter Grunt"]

I met Flem and Hux at the Reedham Ferry during the Bike & Hike. Hux was signing my sons home kit in the middle of the road, as a car was approaching. I said to Hux "watch your back there''s a car coming" he said "well they''ll just have to wait then" didn''t even turn his back but carried on signing and talking to my boy. Cool guy!

I was flying to Dubai in July from Norwich (via Amsterdam) when the squad were on their way down to the Exeter friendly. We got everyones autographs and I managed to have a chat with a couple of players.

I wished JC all the best for the season. Seemed a really down to earth decent guy, as did Lappin.

Asked Safs if he was staying or going, to which he replied staying!

My Mrs was getting wet over Joe Lewis! but didn''t have the courage to go and talk to him.

I walked over to Strihavka, and said Welcome to Norwich, best of luck blah blah blah. He said thankyou and looked a little perplexed. I assumed he hadn''t understood half of what I said, but them later I was queuing behind him in the newsagents, and he bought Mars bars, snikkers, mints etc. He seemed to speak pretty good English to the lady serving him!

I wanted to speak to PG, but he was deep in conversation with Munby right through the security check, until they got on the plane.

[/quote]

Lappin''s a quality guy isn''t he? I spoke to him once, and he was very polite, and didn''t have any airs and graces that other footballer''s have. If anything, he was too nice!

Keith Briggs is the nicest NCFC player I ever met though. He was only about 21 when I met him, but he was really mature, and friendly to everyone who wanted to talk to him...

me and my grandad met Dubllin at yarmouth racing (when realy he should have been training) and he was really nice then we where talking to him for 5 mins

That''s not a hard one for me.  I was once given the task of chaperoning Malky at one of the Club''s Open Days whilst he signed autographs for fans.  Although he was scheduled to do this for half an hour, he was there at least two hours with no complaints.  He couldn''t have been nicer to fans (young and old) and it was great hearing about his background and about how his Dad always came down to see him play for City when we were playing anywhere up north.  Total gentleman.

Going back a bit further, two other players stand out - the great Duncan Forbes (who always seemed to remember who you were) and Dave Watson (for a young player when he was at City he had a very mature attitude and never failed to stop and speak).

As for Managers - got to be Ken Brown.

I bought Bowen a beer in a Hertfordshire hotel as a thanks for that goal in Munich.

Bantering with John Faulkner in a bar in Munich after *that* game, causing roars of approval after he announced (many times) that evenings score!!

Chatting with Peter Mendham......

Steve