Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

song otbc

why do we sing ''on the ball city'' so much during the game? l know its traditional, and l like to hear it, but not 6 or so times a game! Why not do same as england fans, at the start and start of 2nd half. Also can we try and finish the song, learning all the words may help! Time for some new inventive songs, instead of the same old same old

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]why do we sing ''on the ball city'' so much during the game? l know its traditional, and l like to hear it, but not 6 or so times a game! Why not do same as england fans, at the start and start of 2nd half. Also can we try and finish the song, learning all the words may help! Time for some new inventive songs, instead of the same old same old[/quote]Didn''t know England Fans sang on the ball city :P As for England sining whatever song you mean the strat of each half.As they only have about 4 songs I am guessing you mean the national anthem.That is sung a lot more than twice during a game.

Perhaps because its the club song!

With half our fasn its a miracle to get them singing anything at all so i would be thankful for small mercies!

We sing this because it is part of the history of the club - it''s like West Ham fans singing about blowing bubbles or Liverpool about never walking alone or Portsmouth about Pompey chimes.  I for one have wonderful memories of singing it until my voice had gone from Steve Bruce scoring until well after the final whistle against Ipswich on Milk Cup Semi night (a level of volume and emotion I dont recall ever coming close to being matched at Carrow Road in my 30 years of attending).

Agree with you that some people need to learn the words though!  Lets hope we hear it ring out a few times this season...