Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

I've twigged it................

Grantys tactics for this season !

We dont need a defence. We''ve got a brilliant keeper (he''ll save us from any nasty opponents). Rated 9.

Ostemathingy- good on the overlap/attacking but defencively suspect Rated 6.

Donkerty- A liability ! Rated a generous 3.

Shacks- Potential to be a good player, (We''ve been saying he will be a good player for about 4/5 years now) Rated 6.5.

Drury- He''s steadily gone downhill the last 2/3 seasons Rated 6.

Dion- The only Defender worth his wages, a hero. But will his legs/back stand up to a full season, and he''d rather be in his natural positon of striker. Rated a heroic 8

But the Judge will protect us wont he? Yes he will if he can stay on the pitch long enough. I can see him being sent off/injured more often than not. (His record at Hearts, 22 yellows, 2 reds in 50 starts) In the 2 knockabouts pre-season he managed to commit some iffy challenges against Kings Lynn before getting sorted out in revenge and had to come off by half-time. Same happened against Vitesse Arnhem. He lasted 50 odd minutes of that game but had to come off because someone gave him a deadleg. Rated (if he can stay out of trouble) 8.

Sorry if that seems pessamistic, but the defence we''ve got at the moment just aint good enough, and the only cover we have are the youngsters gawd helpus.

Has Granty said hes finished with bringing in new players yet?  Has the transfer window closed?  Come on and try to be a little more positive.  New season, new manager, new players, new start, cant be all bad surely.

I really hope my fears are unfounded, but i think we need 4 defenders that are better than we''ve got at present.

Come say, at the New Year and we''re right up there challenging, i will be delighted to have been proved wrong. 

Arghhh! These posts are repeating over and over and over... we all know the situation... defensively, we''re rubbish... let''s move on... geez!