Sign in to follow this  
The Judge

Transfers so far

6 outfield players released/sold; 4 outfield players brought in.

In a squad that was widely known to be short on numbers last year - seems a though we may have even more problems this coming season if we don''t get another 2 or 3 outfield players in soon. It is also unlikely we have touched too much/if any of our original transfer kitty with the sale of Earnshaw. The wages of the new players brought in are also likely to be significantly less than those departing (i.e. Earnshaw, Thorne, McVeigh will all have been on sizeable salaries).

Therefore at this point in time it looks as though club have; made money on the transfer dealings, saved on salaries, and we have a smaller outfield squad than the end of last season. Appreciate we haven''t got the paracute payments this season, but where is the cash injection the much heralded arrival of the Turners was widely thought to have brought in ? where is the ambition ?

Don''t get me wrong I like the look of some of the new players (personally wouldn''t have gone for Cureton) and apart from Earnshaw am not disappointed to see the others leave, all I wanted to say is that at the moment we really do need some more quality players and the club actually haven''t spent any money yet ! - Discuss.

I know what you mean, but hendo, thorne and mlj?  classed and losses to first team?  no one would ever play them, so will feel like we have loads more players, let alone the tubby one, who you would ever only name on the bench for his last 2 seasons - sadly, yes i too once loved him.Also i would like to congratulate u, on the name "the judge".

Apperances last season:Earnshaw: 30 + 2 as sub*McVeigh: 6 + 14 as sub.Thorne: 5 + 14 as subHenderson: 2 + 2 as sub* (both starts in the league cup)Loius-Jean: 0 + 0 as sub* Fisk: 0 + 0 as sub.*player suffering from significant injury during the season.sources: official league site, football.co.uk and counting them in the pinkun match reports.Excluding Earnshaw that is a total of 13 starts and 30 substitute apperances from 5 players.  That could easily be done by any one of our outfield signings.I reckon we are stronger now than we were - even up front Cureton and Strihavka combined should produce more goals than Earnshaw and Thorne combined got last season (20, in a 19:1 split)I was looking for these figures last night and am very shocked by how low they are, especially as they include the cups!

I don''t disagree that a lot of dead wood has gone, but the fact remains that there is still not enough depth in the squad.

Yes it is a much stronger squad than last year, & hopefully there are more players who actually want to play footbal for NCFC this season. If Granties crew can get all the newbies settled well then I think we will start the season well.

But given that there have been more out than in, & last seasons squad was discribed as "paper thin", why has Grant stopped looking for players?

As ever I suspect that we are not being told the full story..................