Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Am I the only one ?

Yesterday''s performance was truly something to see. DH was exceptional. But lets not forget sterling performances from the likes of Iwan, Hendo and particularly Shackell.

However I have not always been so impressed by by the enigmatic Huckerby and he can certainly turn it on when he wants which unfortunately is not every game or as often as I would wish.

Sure I would like to see him signed but is the financial risk worth taking on just this one player when we really could do with two or three replacements. Obviously some think is a risk worth taking, the Board don''t, probably the end of the matter therefore.

Also I don''t believe the £650K for LM is what we have paid but the total package I believe £325k is the figure quoted. I do not know for sure but this figure makes sense because if it isn''t correct according to rumour for extra £200k could have secured signature of DH, which presumably could be readily obtained, £300k already from share issue.

We have to trust the Board regarding the reality of being able to finance the DH purchase, wages could have been be generated from filling new stand and extra from the share issue.

Dig deep for the Canaries I will unless I get the chop tomorrow.

I think you are right about the Leon purchase - we only pay £325k for him now, and I think that''s a very shrewd deal. If he plays well then we pay more - but then we''ll be able to afford more.

I read in the Times today that Hucks "wants his £25,000 per week contract paid up by Man City" if they''re going to let him go. I work that out as nearly 2 million squid. I think this is where the breakdown occurred as Man City want US to put in for his contract too. Either DH has to accept he''s not getting it all or Man City should pay up, as we have nothing to do with their rubbish business dealings and I don''t think we have a responsibilty to pay for them. Then his wages too. I think that is slightly more than £325k and a few bob per week for a Div 2 talent, and I think that makes it a little clearer where the divide exists.

I heard that Man City want about 2.5m for Hucks. I think Doncaster''s comments about Norwich City being a million miles from affording Darren is all about Man City''s asking price. We''ve scrapped together 325K ish for Leon and I feel this is the best we can hope for at the moment. After all, City did play about 3m for Hucks and his performances for us in 3 months is not going to do Kevin Keegan''s valuation of him any harm. Unless a fund for Darren is set up with us pledging to put money forward before Jan 1st 2004 I can''t see him ever coming back. Bummer!

The reason why Hux is not a city player now is not his ongoing wages or the transfer fee it is the remaining part of his contract estimated to be around £1.8m. As with Emblen & Izzy for us this summer Hux is looking for suitably sized agreement for this. As I understand it Man Citeh are looking for us to fund most of this - making the deal impossible for us to fund at this stage.

However I think Citeh are playing a game of poker knowing that the transfer window is only 2 weeks away and the hope that they can get a better offer from another club which will cost Citeh less in the compensation fee. If Hux has not moved somewhere else by mid January I think Citeh will dig into their own coffers to get him off their books & free up some wages to strengthen their squad.

It is a long shot but I remain hopeful...

Ok Gazza the great, please explain Emile Heskey. Please explain Sergei Rebrov. Please explain Seth Johnson. I don''t think you always get what you pay for.

you do if you buy the best player ever to wear a city shirt mate, and i have been watching norwich since 1970.

we must buy him or we are destined to stay in this division for ever more

i cannot explain why some players don''t work out, but even you have to admit huckerby would, and has for the three months he has been here, if you, however are content with watching ncfc v rotherham, crewe and preston forever, okay, i am not, i want to see the whole club go for it, go back to where football will reward all the team, the club, us even.

Come on, the whole thing with football is about dreams, don''t you go every year hoping, just hoping this will be the year?

and as for saturday, come on, if that had been the first game without hucks, take a guess at the scoreline.

Oh no!!!! Please not the old "you''re happy in this division" chestnut!! I thought we''d got over that? Yes, I want Hucks too. I even sang "Delia, Delia, sign him up" for a bit.

I must say that although I thought Hucks was INCREDIBLE on Saturday, I think it''s insanity to say he''s the best player to ever wear a city shirt. This is only my opinion, so please don''t crucify me, but surely you watched Martin Peters if you''ve been watching since the 70''s? How can you say he''s better than Crooky at his peak? Or Eadie? Or Sutton? I think I am clouded by the fact that they were real city players.

Anyway. It would be nice to have him but you never know what''s around the corner with any purchase you make...

mook, yes i saw martin peters and was lucky enough to see all the others you mentioned previously, maybe that just makes me more determined to see us back cutting it with the best, i seriously cannot take anymore of this div one crap, games like saturday are thin on the ground eh?

I am not having a go at you for holding a different opinion, i do try not to get personal with anyone, it is just this man is so brilliant, and i cannot honestly remember anyone playing like he did on saturday ever. Bloody hell he would have fitted into any team in the prem.

I know the old injury and loss of form thing might come up, wonder if this new guy might get injured, look at how much money was wasted on emblem and abbey!!! Injuries are a fact of life in football and to not sign him on those grounds, well, it wouldn''t happen. There is insurance anyway to cover that sort of event. And yes, i am saying he is better (on what we have witnesssed so far) than anyone i can remember. To think we will let him slip away is tragic, he is not greedy, he will take a sensible wage (see post on ncfc-fans.co.uk/your say).

I really and honestly think if we had him here for three years, he would totally transform this club, we were so lucky to get him, let''s not throw it all away. He is our passport to the Premiership.

But thanks for reminding me about martin peters and crooky, great days, we need to get back to them.