Sign in to follow this  
Hayden

Steeno

Does anybody know what Steeno is up to back home???

I think Nige should put a call into the great man and see if he wants to come back home for 11 games and sort out our right hand side. He knows the area, loves the club, come back for a cameo Steeno, and reap the reward for all your efforts in past seasons.

I don''t think he will return but if he can identify a younger version of himself who would like to play in the premiership then he needs to contact Worthy.

Steeno is the one player we really miss from last season,Edworthy is a decent player but his crossing is not in the same league as Steenos!

I hardly think we need to "sort out our right hand side" Hayden. Steady Eddie has been one of my players of the season this year. I think he has done magnificently. Ok I admit he messed up on Saturday but it sounds like he wasn''t the only one. I think it''s fair to say that when he came in in the summer not a lot of us were not exactly bouncing off the wall at the prospect. But ever since he came on at half time away at Bradford, I''ve liked him. Consistant, a tackler and he can pass. He''ll do a job for us in the Prem as well, I gaurantee it

I was not actually questioning Edworthy at all DumbleDelia, I was actually assessing his ability as a right winger, where he did well for us on occassion. I would not move Edworthy out of the side for all the tea in China (and apparently there is quite a lot)

Steeno''s crossing and grit is just what we need, alas Rivers is a no go and Henderson is still too Green. Having said that I do not think we have seen the last of Rivo this season, I think he will get one last chance....If I rememebr Easton in our cardiff year cam eout of the cold to play regularly when it mattered.....question is will Rivo?

Steeno was a good right-sided player and played well at right-back and right-wing for us, also he always had an eye for goal, either long range shot or header. Yes we had Keith Briggs already in reserves but Nigel doesn''t seem comfrotable in using him, Edworthy also performed soildly at the moment as one little mistake against Cardiff doesn''t deserve him to be dropped. We are fine at the moment regarding right-sided defenders as I think if we needed cover, Shackell can fill in this role too! We will miss Steeno...

Great idea Hayden - play him as a right-sided midfielder. He was a great tackler and a great crosser, and an intelligent and committed player. He was always looking for overlaps, of the type we can get on the left side from Jukebox and Brennan. Big loss when he left.

If we can get Steeno on loan for a few games near the end of the season, it will be good for us but did he fall out of favour of his own team?

The danish season has just restarted after their long winter break and Steeno played the full ninety for Odense at the weekend in a 4-0 win (see www.ob.dk) so he looks well set. By the way our old friend Fernando Derveld also played!

Anyway, good luck Steeno!

of course there are no hard feelings DumbleDelia

Hey GermanCanary, does Derveld play in the same team as Steeno or was he on the other side and largely the reason they let in 4?! How did he play?

Hi,

No idea how Derveld played, just picked it up from the web that he was in the team. He has been at Odense a while, which is also where Steeno went back to.