Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Simon Jordan on ITV

Anyone seen him on that "Fortune" show? God i wonder what ITV will come up with next! This hideous illegitimate love-child of Dragon''s Den and X Factor is just a vehicle for a panel of self satisfying egotists, at the head of which sits one Simon Jordan - he of quite the most horrific haircut i''ve seen in a long time.He comes with a reputation as any football fan knows but i was willing to give him a chance and see how he came across. But no, i''ve seen all i want to see - what an obnoxious, arrogant and nasty piece of work he is. I tell you what i''d take smith, jones, doomcaster, any one of them or all of them, ahead of him to run our football club. I pity Palace fans with him in charge of their club i really do.All i will do is credit him with the gag he made to a bloke on the show who wanted 2,500 quid to become a professional JCB driver. Jordan and co decided to give him the money and as he left, Jordan said his one condition would be that once qualified, he must take his JCB to visit a Mr S Bruce at Birmingham City Football Club and dig up the pitch!!

I did not see the programme and as a person Mr Jordan may not be my cup of tea.

However he use to write in the Observer Sport for a short period of time and his column was always thought provoking and interesting. So although he maybe a controversial figure, he is often worth listening to in my humble opinion.

Dragons Den is an excellent and enjoyable show, im interested in Business so love watchign it!

this ITV show is rubbish! made even worse by the inclusion of Jordan!

jas :)

He certainly does seem to have an an objectional personality and a face you couldn''t tire of slapping, I read something recently saying that he looked like a cross between Tony Hadley and a clay tennis court!

But GJD is right, his Observer column was at times insighful, and he certainly seemed to be trying to cut through the usual old boys network bullsh*t that is so endemic in football. Also his running battle with the FA was hilarious.

The outcome of that battle with the FA I am looking forward to, since it appears he is not for backing down.

Another thing about Jordan was that he use to praise NCFC board to the hilt, but maybe that''s because we are always very generous when we play Palace!