Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

Slag me all you want!

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Cluck"]

[quote user="barclayendboy"]Let them all leave they will be back when we are winning again .
[/quote]

More like you''ll jump on the bandwagon when others have done something constructive about the situation....and no doubt it will have been your idea all along then.......

What''s wrong with trying to get some improvements going?......No-one is trying to hurt the club itself....as that will outlast us all. Surely seeking something better is the right thing to do....and ultimately what we all want. Left alone, this club will swiftly become an ''also ran'' like Oldham and the like.....and we''re rather better than that I think.

[/quote]

Problem is that if people do get together to do something constructive they get slagged down and hounded.

[/quote]

You''re right CA...and that is the problem. It seems that any sign of dissent is automatically seen as anti-club....which really is the total opposite of what is implied. I''m sorry, but Delia Smith and the Board mean nothing whatsoever to me. They are business people, running a business....and so are no different to the head of any other medium sized company. They are very much at the helm and so are totally liable for the prospects of the business. Unfortunately for them....it is not so much any shareholders they need to keep onside.....it is is US....the fans.....and we pay their wages through all manner of means.

Discontent does not imply riots or even destructive demonstrations....as it can mean letters of dissatisfaction to the Board....emails....letters to newspapers....radio interviews....website opinion...la de da de da. If after all this the Board still ignores the issues and fails to show ambition....then it will naturally get unpleasant. It needs no ring leader or big gob up front....just a show of the depth of supporters unease. If we leave it too late....such as with NW....then we are lost. If the Board ignores the fans'' reasoned appeals....not only are we lost....we are in free fall.

On this occasion....complaining about the current mess is essential....not ''negative''. In truth the ''negative'' here is to turn away and pretend things are not happening......but of course we are all entitled to make whatever choice we want. I support the CLUB as I have always done and not any individual in it......the two must never be confused. 

[/quote]

After speaking to Doomcaster today...  I believe that the only thing to turn this club around will be a riot by what disgruntled fans remain...  as from what he had to say they are prepared to stand on this sinking ship until it hits the bottom of the ocean without making any serious efforts to save it!!!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

what can we do? support the team on matchdays and hope Grant proves to be a decent manager or the board have the guts to chop him if this is not the case.  also hope the board back him in january.  That is all.

The club has shown itself to be deaf to the words of supporters after the ridiculous Worthington saga dragged and dragged.

Doesn''t mean we can''t discuss stuff on message boards mind.

[/quote]

Thanks CJF, that''s exactly how I feel. All we can do is hope that Grant proves to be a decent manager and it''s way too early to think otherwise. I think a lot of fans were expecting an instant cure and are really disappointed especially as Grant seems to use the players available exactly the same as Worthy did.

There are some good discussions on this messageboard, about systems and tactics and who should play where and who we should buy and who we should  get rid of. I have had a few with you. (I still believe The Doc at the back and DD up front!)

I just don''t understand the need for letters of dissatisfaction to the Board....emails....letters to newspapers....radio interviews etc. or what these complaints would be about. Thats why I questioned whether some people really are missing the protests!