Sign in to follow this  
ManchesterCanary

Great Support at QPR

The team is undoubtedly suffering, but admiration for the City support is ongoing. I saw the Sky highlights and the contrast between the empty seats at Portaloo Road and the fantastic yellow and green army at QPR that filled the two tier stand was well evident. My mates up here ''in the North'' always comment on our great support. It reinforces how proud we can all be at being NCFC supporters, whatever the results. Well done to all those who went...brilliant show. 

[quote user="ManchesterCanary"]The team is undoubtedly suffering, but admiration for the City support is ongoing. I saw the Sky highlights and the contrast between the empty seats at Portaloo Road and the fantastic yellow and green army at QPR that filled the two tier stand was well evident. My mates up here ''in the North'' always comment on our great support. It reinforces how proud we can all be at being NCFC supporters, whatever the results. Well done to all those who went...brilliant show. [/quote]

I don''t want to undermine the new spirit of optimism, but you wouldn''t have said this if you went to QPR last year! Let''s hope though that we can continue in this vein - it must help the cuase if we can all get behind the team as vocally as possible rather than the rether muted atmosphere of late. If nothing else it makes it more enjoyable, which at one stage was the main point.

[quote user="Middle of the Road"]

[quote user="ManchesterCanary"]The team is undoubtedly suffering, but admiration for the City support is ongoing. I saw the Sky highlights and the contrast between the empty seats at Portaloo Road and the fantastic yellow and green army at QPR that filled the two tier stand was well evident. My mates up here ''in the North'' always comment on our great support. It reinforces how proud we can all be at being NCFC supporters, whatever the results. Well done to all those who went...brilliant show. [/quote]

I don''t want to undermine the new spirit of optimism, but you wouldn''t have said this if you went to QPR last year!

[/quote]

That''s exactly what i was thinking, but i agree we have some of the best supporters in this division and more we really should be proud. We just need the team to start performing to go with it.

It was a shame how we conceded so late yesterday, but i think given the injuries we would have all took a point before the game. Saturday will be another BIG test! Which we need to pass.

On my tube journey back to Reigate (south of croydon) Some QPR fans said to me that they thought we were the best supporters they had ever seen at Loftus Road.

They could not believe the amount of us for one thing and secondly the noise we made all game. They also were impressed with the nature of our fans. They thought we were so friendley and nice to talk to with no element of trouble at any stage.

I think this is testement to our club. I''m proud to be known as a follower of a club whose supporters are so admired.

Good on all of you who travelled down. You did us proud once again.