Sign in to follow this  
James Long

What you all doing

In the summer with no national football everyone. Well it''s Euro 2004 this year of Course and what wil Svens men do and/or will you be watching Wimbledon and getting annoyed that for another the winner(s) will not be British. British Grand Prix in July and lets hope Mr Schumacher won''t be within touching distance of the title, or will you take up the true best think and go and play a spot of the old golf on the fairways. Is everyone here gonna still be posting on here normally becuase I imagine when the fixtures come out or if we sign someone were all want to discuss it.

hiya james

to be honest, i will be glad of a rest from football, for this year, i am just exhausted now!!

personally for me, it has been one hell of a season, and i just need it to stop, the obvious to happen, us all enjoy it and then go off for a couple of months and chill, b4 returning to the 04/05 campaign at highbury et al

don''t know yet what i will be doing - holidays probably, days out with my kids, mates, that sort of thing, doing my new house up, you know the usual

as for other sports, if possible, might go and catch some cricket!! - been following the tour of the west indies, so if i can get a ticket for a test match here, would love to go. i always watch wimbeldon too, so a couple of weeks of tennis every evening with a glass of red is something i always look forward to, and this year will be watching the olympics, though that is the footie season again i think

as for this board, probably be on it - just to check who we are buying!!

For me the summer will be lots of tennis matches all over Norfolk and in parts of Binmanland, watching proper peeps doing it at Wimbledon, touring the cricket grounds of the Norfolk Alliance League at weekends, doing B & B for players who live away from Norfolk but who return at weekends, and, when I can fit it in, the odd round of golf...plus a week at Centerparcs doing all those lovely sporting things in amongst the squirrels! Oh yes...if I miss the footy there''s always Euro 2004 for a while, although I shall be continuing to get my footy fix by logging onto this site to have a chat with you wonderful people. (A bit of work has to be sandwiched in between these more important things but I won''t let that spoil things too much!)

If only! I did actually turn out as a surprise No. 9 batsman at a President''s XI game in Norwich last year, but didn''t hit any fours unfortunately. The only shot I could play was a pull shot as it was a bit like hitting a forehand! As for the piano - I can just about manage ''Three Blind Mice'' with both hands, so I think you can forget that one as well! I did actually ace someone yesterday evening on the last point of a set, but that sadly means I have already used up my one for the season so if I manage another one that will be a miracle!

This is quite easy.

1. Trying to finish my novel, yes I''m a poor struggling author. The person who invented the spell check and grammar programmes, I would like to shake their hand!

2. Finding ways to spend the money when Hollywood buy the film rights, well I can dream can''t I?

3. Fretting about City in the Premier, do some things never change?.

OK Wiz, I''ve corrected the errors (those I spotted, anyway).
We like to leave the messages as intact as possible . . . and if we took time to correct them the site would be even slower (is that possible?).
I never trust a spell check, anyway!
Celia

Spacebadger: Love the name by the way, well my passion is fantasy, always has been. Well I had this idea for years, and I just had to get it out of my system. I''m blessed that my proof reader is my son, who has so many levels in English Lang/Litt, it ain''t true!.

Anyway the title is ''Date with Chaos'' and it will be a trilogy, as you know its damn hard work, but please don''t give up. If you need help ie. publisher/agent etc. We''ll have to sort out some contact address to keep in touch with each other. I have several email adresses, all with superb firewall/anti spam protection installed, so I don''t think our security will be compromised.

Sorry moderators for nicking the Pinkun boards for a non footy item. I won''t make a habit of it, promise.

I am consideriing another fantasy epic called ''The binmen in the premiership!''. However that may be consided by my publishers to be too far fetched!.

1st wiz

i am also a struggling writer, even if only on these boards lol

i have a great idea for a book, but wonder what the laws are regarding using real people''s names, do you know of what can happen to you if you use them, even if you tell the truth?

sorry moderators, not strictly a footballing theme, just asking someone who might know the answer to a question

wonder if the close season is long enough for me to get it all down!! maybe not

Hey Wiz,

I know all too well how hard it is, been tempted to throw the thing in the bin on more ocasions than Ipswich can concede a goal.
Im in second draft stage of ''The day Jesus rode into Croydon'', contemporary fiction type of thing. I write somewhere between Nick Hornby and Brett Easton Ellis (if thats possible)
Someone to sound ideas off would be a great idea. My email is spacebadger@hotmail.com.

Regarding the other chaps question about using peoples names etc. Be very careful. You can infer someone i.e. Brett Easton Ellis in Glamorana I think describes the protagonist getting in a lift with Tom Cruise. Although he never mentions his name you know it is him. Otherwise you are opening yourself up for libel etc. You can try but a publisher will get rid of it anyway.

Badger

Gazzathegreat............ there be dragons ! ....... first , how can you know the truth ? ..... any uncertanty could have you in court for libel / slander ! it aint worth it !!