Sign in to follow this  
Joe4Ncfc

Youth?

All you lot have been moaning for youth to come through last season. So why not now?

Ryan Jarvis?

Asmat El Ouargi?

There are options there, we just need to get them through

But Sutton does sound like a good idea!

We simply cannot rely upon youth. worthington himself said that before the season started. I''ve seen the youngsters play more than most posters on here, and i can tell you now, the quality isnt there. with the possible exception of Spillane, impressive, and strong physically, Rossi Jarvis, versatile and a good temperament, Joe Lewis, unbeatable on his day, and Cave-Brown, having a stormer when injured. The rest of the squad doesnt exactly stand out as potential first team quality. Spillane, i feel, should be in the squad, on the bench, every week, as he has the physicality to cope with the tough schedule, but beyond that, we are on thin ice. The academy is not the answer to our prayers, there are no Gordons, Foxes, Suttons, Bellamys even Mills waiting to burst through. Its a serious concern.   

does ryan jarvis really count as youth anymore? players like him and hendo have been around for years and surely now we have to just consider them as full time players theyr not teenagers anymore.

i think as back up for earnie jarvo shud be given a chance. asmat is abit young still altho i hav heard gd things about him and im not convinced with thorne. there is always mcveigh aswell but hes not an out and out striker and wudnt fit into this formation

is our only other option to put hucks up front? i suppose he is scoring goals