Sign in to follow this  
WalthamCanary

How much is Leon worth?

So, we''ve had two offers from Coventry for McKenzie - both "flatly refused"How much is Worthy holding out for cos there is no mention of a figure anywhere.  - 500k?? I dunnoMeanwhile - I''m inclined to believe the player on this whole training ground and Derby match incident. Worthy is always banging on about how important player attitude is, but Vanistoory was still banging the goals in when the whole saga was going on there. Bellamy has a stinking attitude but is immense on the pitch. Also, Worthy seemed happy to let Deano play last season despite him not seeming to give a toss. It seems that players can easily fall out of favour with NW - I don''t personally think that Leon has done anything wrong. We know that Leon is desperate to play, so what a slap in the face it prob was for NW to send him home. Putting Leon on the pitch with everything thats going on could be a great thing. I reckon that given the chance him and Earnshaw could make a good pairing. Worthy is prob gonna be faithful to the 451 / 433 formation as it has worked well but I would love to see Leon put into a 442 and see how City attack with two strikers and two class wingers. Could it be that they don''t want to risk him getting injured and ruin any transfer deal?

given he has only 1 season left on his contract £500k would be a great price, the money could be then used for an expansive loan signing, from the premiership, i.e Kuqi or Mellor or whoever...

alternatively it could be invested in young signings from lower leagues i.e Halford or Eastwood from the championship, or Boyd from Hartlepool for instance (League 1)

after all Mackenzie was signed from Peterborogh...