Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Dickson running into the box

Surely another idea to get more goals would be if Dickson Etuhu was given a much more attacking role, and was made to run into the box to get onto the end of the crosses. He made a few runs into the box on Saturday but it would have been good to see him used a bit more to get a goal.

I agree. I didn''t see the Derby game but I felt at home to Luton Robinson was the most advanced of our midfield trio which don''t make much sense considering his ability and the fact we have a 6ft 3 brick out house who should be bursting in to the box to get on the end of crosses. I think Etuhu need a little more self belief. He should have a pop at goal once in a while from outside the box too. He is by far the most promising of the three midfielder we got in last term but he need to keep improving.

I had a chat with Dickson last night (he came into the cinema where i work) I told him I''d like to see him shooting more from outside the box, as he got in some good positions, but passed instead. I agree with you NC, that his runs make him a threat in the area. He assured me that "it will come" and that he''s working on it. Aside from the football, I have to say he''s a top guy, very approachable and seemed happy to chat with me.