Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Barry Butler

HelloSorry to intrude. I am actually a Boro fan but was looking for info / pictures / articles on Barry Butler. My Dad went to school with Barry in Stockton on Tees where Barry was from and they were very close friends.If anyone could help out, please feel free to mail me at david.sturdy3@ntlworld.comMany Thanks(great result yesterday!) good luck for the rest of the season.Dave Sturdy.

Hello Dave, I''m going to mail you the article from "Glorious Canaries" by Mike Davage.

I was 14 when Barry died and clearly remember that shattering event.  He was irreplaceable.

I see Boro are as consistent as ever!  The Chelsea result brought joy to us all.

That would be great! many many thanks!We will probably lose at home to pompey tomorrow..... that is typical Boro!

Barry Butler is a Norwich City legend for all time.

The defensive lynchpin in our run to an FA Cup semi-final replay in 1958-59 as a Third Division South club. The most romantic cup run of all time when City outfootballed a series of top tier clubs including the Manchester United Busby Babes (with Bobby Charlton) by 3-0.

Ken Nethercott/Sandy Kennon; Bryan Thurlow, Ron Ashman; Roy McCrohan, Barry Butler, Matt Crowe: Errol Crossan, Terry Allcock, Terry Bly, Jimmy Hill, Bobby Brennan.

Your Dad had a wonderful mate.

The Norwich City Player of the Season is still awarded with the Barry Butler Memorial Trophy.

Congrats on your wonderful win over Chelsea this week.

OTBC

Dave, why not send your Dad''s story to the Club. When the Barry Butler memorial trophy is presented they might just invite your Dad along. It would be a nice gesture.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Ken Nethercott/Sandy Kennon; Bryan Thurlow, Ron Ashman; Roy McCrohan, Barry Butler, Matt Crowe: Errol Crossan, Terry Allcock, Terry Bly, Jimmy Hill, Bobby Brennan.

[/quote]

That was the team I first watched with my dad and grandad. Those were the days!  Terrific atmosphere, great football, good team.  Barry was a tragic loss. 

Thanks for your replies everyone. I have sent an email to the club via the official website. I also noticed the hall of fame bit says Barry died in 1965. I pointed out that it was actually 1966 [:^)]