Sign in to follow this  
Hayden

Family club - Well can I just say.....

City Angel - So your solution to someone sitting near a person who is consistently screaming foul-mouthed abuse is that they not the loud mouth who should move? If this isn''t support it is pretty close to it!

[quote user="Middle of the Road"]City Angel - So your solution to someone sitting near a person who is consistently screaming foul-mouthed abuse is that they not the loud mouth who should move? If this isn''t support it is pretty close to it![/quote]

For Gods sake MOTR , I just suggested that the family area might be more appropiate for children if parents are qorried about swearing in the Barclay.

Stop twisting everything I say and get back to talking about football and not my every word, you''re turning this into a persoanl vendetta.

marty

Why do we need to change the mentality of people? Football has been this way for many years and some of us actually like going to the match and letting off a bit of steam through shouting, swearing etc. I''m not talking about racism here but you sanitise football too much and you will lose most of its traditional support base which will not be a good thing for the game.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

marty

Why do we need to change the mentality of people? Football has been this way for many years and some of us actually like going to the match and letting off a bit of steam through shouting, swearing etc. I''m not talking about racism here but you sanitise football too much and you will lose most of its traditional support base which will not be a good thing for the game.

[/quote]

No, I want to be crystal clear on this one, I don''t advocate sanatising football, however (in my opinion) there is a massive difference between shouting a few naughty words following a bad tackle or refereeing decision than spueing a torrent of abusive and vitriolic filth for 90 mins, and this does happen. I don’t mind people disagreeing with me but when I hear somebody discussing another player in terms that would get you locked up in any other walk of life, then I object.

Having passion at a game does not include having a vicious personal vendetta towards other players / fans etc, but of course I’m all for a little bit of cheeky banter.

Also, people are like this because they are allowed to be, just like racism was rife in the 80’s, because it was tolerated, well we seem to have changed the mindset of many football followers since then without causing the game any significant detriment, in fact it has improved it. Why shouldn’t football be for the family?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Middle of the Road"]City Angel - So your solution to someone sitting near a person who is consistently screaming foul-mouthed abuse is that they not the loud mouth who should move? If this isn''t support it is pretty close to it![/quote]

For Gods sake MOTR , I just suggested that the family area might be more appropiate for children if parents are qorried about swearing in the Barclay.

Stop twisting everything I say and get back to talking about football and not my every word, you''re turning this into a persoanl vendetta.

[/quote]

It is not twisting Angel. The poster was not worried about ordinary football banter but by the extreme of one fan.

You suggested that the innocent party should move rather than the loudmouth who made the lives of those around them a misery.