Sign in to follow this  
Steve Hopkins

Chris Sutton?

Why wont Worthy take him on for a year? It would be beneficial in so many ways as it would give us the big target man Worthy wants, gives us the chance to rotate the strikers around and also give the fans a boost after a poor season last year and a pre season with nothing in it.

If he thinks Peter Thorne is worth taking on at his age and ability at the start of last season then whats wrong with Sutton? Fan favourite and a player of much better natural ability than all of our strikers except Earnie.

Hopefully it doesnt come back to bite Worthy. I remember last seaon when he ruled out a move for Robbie Fowler stating that he wasn''t hungry and had ''earned his money'' in football. 2 weeks later signs for Liverpool.

I''m being optimistic here...Sutton has moved back to Norfolk and cant relish a journey between Brum and home several times a week, despite David Gold''s welcoming words for him to continue at the club..

Worthy has not had contact with his agents yet and perhaps, just perhaps, this is his initial standpoint in getting the best deal on him playing for us this season.

Fingers crossed! Turning coins in my pocket! rabbit''s foot held high! searching for four leafed clovers! letting black cats swarm across my path! touching all the wood I can! and buying as much lucky heather as West Norfolk grows.

Please let it happen!

[quote user="Steve Hopkins"]

Why wont Worthy take him on for a year? It would be beneficial in so many ways as it would give us the big target man Worthy wants, gives us the chance to rotate the strikers around and also give the fans a boost after a poor season last year and a pre season with nothing in it.

If he thinks Peter Thorne is worth taking on at his age and ability at the start of last season then whats wrong with Sutton? Fan favourite and a player of much better natural ability than all of our strikers except Earnie.

Hopefully it doesnt come back to bite Worthy. I remember last seaon when he ruled out a move for Robbie Fowler stating that he wasn''t hungry and had ''earned his money'' in football. 2 weeks later signs for Liverpool.

[/quote]

Agree 100%, of course nobody mention Iwan was playing for us till his mid 30`s

Also what happens if Shacks or the Doc gets  injured or sent off during a game?

Can Thorne step into the back 4?

Good grief Norwich, give us fans a boost and at least TRY and sign Sutton. If he wants too much in wages then fair enough ,walk away but

it sounds like he would take a huge pay cut to play for Norwich.