Sign in to follow this  
streakey

SIMON CHARLTON NOT SIMPLE SIMON, WORTHLESS WORTHINGTON!!

Well done Simon for verifing the fact that Worthy does not know how to manage a team let alone buy players for thier favoured positions.What is his problem, has he no idea of the player he buys or is it just a lucky dip into the transfer market? Several players have had  more experience ,played in better teams with better players than Worthy ever did, even the youngster "AVE IT BENTLEY",.is he jealous of them ?If Worthys got a dream team, i bet its rock bottom in the paper.The loss of Iwan and Malky has been the catalyst for our down fall as thier senior status kept him in check and leaving a season too early seems to have taken our flowing brand of football with them.The Midas touch turned every thing to gold any player he touches turns to stone and we all know you can`t get blood out of a stone.

The first player to break ranks? Or just a cynical parting shot?If it''s the first, it could potentially be many times more damaging for Worthy than any of his jibes at the fans. If Charlton''s concerns are shared by others, perhaps the dressing room is not as united as many have claimed... And if every player leaving this summer (and perhaps one or two of those staying) has a similar viewpoint, Worthy could be left in his most precarious position yet. Up until now, the manager, the board and the players have been able to show a united front in the face of fan protests, but this may become increasingly difficult.This could, of course, all be rubbish... But as a fan who has favoured sticking with Worthy over the uncertainty of a managerial merry-go-round, I can''t help but see Charlton''s statement as indicative of the growing frustration of other players.

The present Government - are currently displaying unity and togetherness.......for the media........[li] ;~)

ok so I am not worthys biggest fan.   but simon charlton, give me a break.   he was a bad signing, and played out of position, when he moved for first team football, it was a parting shot, no more.   i say good to see him go.   does anyone remember when worthy got rid of yves de basilis, he talked about how worthy only liked english players, people forgot that very quickly.   it does however leave us with only 1 senior left back, and to be honest I fear for the kids coming through, as midfielder, centre back, or right back will probably be forced to play there at least once next year, and then worthy will be shocked why they dont play so well.

[quote user="Oscar Willett"]

ok so I am not worthys biggest fan.   but simon charlton, give me a break.   he was a bad signing, and played out of position, when he moved for first team football, it was a parting shot, no more.   i say good to see him go.   does anyone remember when worthy got rid of yves de basilis, he talked about how worthy only liked english players, people forgot that very quickly.   it does however leave us with only 1 senior left back, and to be honest I fear for the kids coming through, as midfielder, centre back, or right back will probably be forced to play there at least once next year, and then worthy will be shocked why they dont play so well.

[/quote]

I think I''m inclined to agree with your de Blasiis comparison. Perhaps I was just in the mood for a conspiracy when I read the quote last night. I guess we''ll just have to see what the rest of the players leaving this summer have to say.

I''m sure that there are other players holding similar views to Charlton but I doubt we will hear many of them. I think Charlie felt agrieved that he had been released after being moved from pillar to post in the team and had nothing to lose by voicing his anger.

It appears that if you get on the wrong side of Worthy the road back is very long and arduous so I doubt many other players will vent their anger so freely. I bet McVeigh would have a few things to say though, probably Rehman and Hucks too!

I like Charlton - when he arrived and went in at centre half, he and Fleming looked pretty good, better than Flem and Malky had. I know Simon said that he needed a rall guy alongside him, but I don''t remember them being caught out by high balls much. Then unaccountably, Charlton was dropped (rumoured to be a fall-out with Flem), and since then he''s been a stand-in left back (pretty good), and a last-choice midfielder (out of his depth). Throughout it all, he gave it his best shot.

I think he''ll make a good coach, and I wish him the best. He had a pretty crap time here, coming in after the heady days of 2003-4.