Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Spillane

I have to say i was very impressed by Spillane yesterday and imo he was our best player. He perhaps isnt the finished product yet but he carries heaps of potential and he is still good enough to be in the first team.

I thought he looked very in control on the ball. He took his time, made the space and looked for the best pass. He didnt hoof it like Fleming usually does and i was impressed with how he can successfully take on a player. He has good movement, he often made a pass and then a good run but unfortunately none of his team mates could pass the ball. He got forward better than any other right back i have seen this season at Norwich and he can also track back very quickly.
His tackling is very good also. Not only can he make the tackle, but he also keeps the ball and then plays the pass.
I would like to see him given the chance in midfield on monday because he seems to have good awareness, physical presence and passing ability.

I was also quite impressed by Gallagher, i dont think he is any worse than Green.

Hendo had a very poor first half but second half when he started taking players on i was a bit more impressed.

Jarvis didnt have long but created more shots on target than anyone else i think

Hopefully Spillane will become a first team regular for the end of this season and for the new season. Lets blood him into the team while he is young. Spillane is a highly rated youngster who is to good to waste !

What is really great news is that ultimately Right Back is not Spillanes position, he will be a great Centre Half.  So maybe the future is rosy, ps Andrew Cave Brown is a great Right Back also.

I agree with Northern Cnary, whilst he was generally quite impressive, he looked best when he started to come forwards and taht suggests he may be best as a midfielder. Either way, all the ingredients seem to be there, just needs time, experience and careful handling