Sign in to follow this  
Bury Yellow

Proud to be yellow

Ok everyone
Iam 58 years old I was introduced to the Y''Army 52 years ago. We were in executive box 17 today because, despite that we Bury Boys have been to every home and away game for the last 15 years (well nearly) the only way we could get to Vicarage Roard was by ordering an executive box.
You will be pleased to know that, despite my well known right wing views on this board we were terribly well behaved and the Watford staff and supporters in the Rous stand were absolutely fantastic.
For the first time in a hundred years we were not with the mighty yellow army for an away game and we were all worried that it would spoil the day-------Wrong.
The sight of of you all behind the goal and the fantastic support brought tears to all our eyes.
1st Wizard: I haven''t caught up on how Mrs 1st Wiz is now but I hope all is well.For the rest of you ---- We in Bury St Edmunds are all terribly proud of the support. What a Club. What a Board.......and how about Delia?
Can''t wait for Saturday.
We love you all!!!

i bet you secretly enjoyed the experience bury, what sort of things did you get for your money, a visit from elton?

i wish i could have seen what our stand looked like from another stand, the players and mgt looked totally blown away by it all

the best sight for me was seeing our yellows in home sections after the game staying behind and joining in

watford was just not big enough to hold us all - and it was a great, great day, just being there brought many tears to my eyes, and typing this post now, does it again

as you say, we are all so proud to be yellow, and tell you what bury, we have so much to be proud of

by the way, i used to live in a little village near to you (glemsford) and still love the town of bury (my son was born there) how much yellow is there these days?

Hi Gazza. Yep know Glemsford well, lovely area.
There are many yellas in the Bury area including a lot of local of business men. You can imagine after all these years we are having great fun now!
You know, the greatest difference between the two sets of fans here, is that we have a great sense of humour and enjoy all things football. The binners, on the other hand, have no sense of humour, can only talk about Scumsville and live in a land of self denial. A bit of a generalistion I know but pretty accurate.
The box was fantastic and the Watford staff were brilliant. We were told there were three other boxes with Canary folk in, including some of Craig Flemings party.
Finally a word of praise for the poor Watford supporters sitting in front of us. We just could''nt stop singing and they put up with it with great grace. At the end of the game they lined up to shake our hands and wished us good luck next year.
A fabulous day. I cried a bit, mixed my drinks and felt quite ill at about 4am on Sunday morning!!!
OTBC (hic)

I was also exiled from the Norwich support for the first time at an away ground, but it was awesome to see the Norwich fans from a different perspective. Like a green and yellow kop end pre 1994, flags, shirts, ballons, hundreds of ripped up Yellow Pages flying through the air. superb. You definitely out sang the Watford fans 2 to 1, I was bang on the halfwayline in the old wooden stand (what a dump!).
I''m glad I managed to get down the front at the end to applaud the players and join in to a few songs, I''m not used to sitting on my hands for a whole game. Although I couldn''t help knocking the tea out of the old guys hands to my left when the second went in. Sorry mate, although it''s got to be said the Watford fans around us where very good natured and friendly. Respect to them. I also heard lots of compliments about the team, a couple even said we were the best footballing team they''d seen for years. Well of course!

I thought the Watford fans were a great bunch. We went into a cricket club bar before and after the game and were made very welcome. Lots of leg pulling and banter and cheap beer into the bargain. There was an impromptu football match between City fans and Watford fans. City were c**p and there was singing fro the touchlines Premier League you''re having a laugh'' etc etc. It was a great atmosphere. Finished off an already great day out.

bury, another amazing coincidence, the people in front of you were my boss and his friends and family!!! He is a Watford fan and we were discussing this match all last week, when he told me this morning about norwich fans in front of him, i knew it had to be you!!!

he said you were all v well behaved, considering the occasion, and even admitted we deserved to win