Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

The £96 million debt - how, what and when

Posted (edited)

We had a pandemic, I assume you were living in a cave throughout, it is estimated to have cost us £30m in lost revenue. Which is why I think it is utterly appalling that you attempted to gain a £400 refund for games you couldn't attend despite paying £0 for your season ticket.

£422.40m + £30m = £452.4m

Essentially breakeven if it weren't for a one in a century event. 

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

We had a pandemic, I assume you were living in a cave throughout, it is estimated to have cost us £30m in lost revenue. Which is why I think it is utterly appalling that you attempted to gain a £400 refund for games you couldn't attend despite paying £0 for your season ticket.

£422.40m + £30m = £452.4m

Essentially breakeven if it weren't for a one in a century event. 

As per the orange indicators the unfinanced figure is £96 million. The figure of £30 million pandemic appears more like £20 million in the Accounts. It is high compared to other Clubs because Norwich City obtain far higher financial support from their supporters and local economy than other Clubs tend to do. 

In 2002 when I was one of the most generous contributors to the Club following the ITV Digital crisis the Clubs wage bill was only £8 million. In 2021/22 immediately post pandemic it was £118 million for a goddamn awful season. 

I met a Middlesbrough supporter recently who said that Steve Gibson is the best club owner being a local guy who is about to write off millions of his own money. At Carrow Road the owners party on their exceedingly modest investment whilst not attracting other local very wealthy people or else the latter don't come forward,  the senior staff (not the junior ones) have a bonanza not just when they are working but with huge gardening leave pay offs and the public pays. 

6 minutes ago, essex canary said:

As per the orange indicators the unfinanced figure is £96 million. The figure of £30 million pandemic appears more like £20 million in the Accounts. It is high compared to other Clubs because Norwich City obtain far higher financial support from their supporters and local economy than other Clubs tend to do. 

In 2002 when I was one of the most generous contributors to the Club following the ITV Digital crisis the Clubs wage bill was only £8 million. In 2021/22 immediately post pandemic it was £118 million for a goddamn awful season. 

I met a Middlesbrough supporter recently who said that Steve Gibson is the best club owner being a local guy who is about to write off millions of his own money. At Carrow Road the owners party on their exceedingly modest investment whilst not attracting other local very wealthy people or else the latter don't come forward,  the senior staff (not the junior ones) have a bonanza not just when they are working but with huge gardening leave pay offs and the public pays. 

Yawwwwwnnnnnnn