Sign in to follow this  
JonnyJonnyRowe

The Rowe problem (summer, contract)

I probably play too much Football Manager and this might not be as common in the real world, but with Rowe's contract expiring in the summer if 2025, I wonder if it might be possible for us to sell him to a Prem Side in the summer but loan him back for the 2024/25 season as part of the deal? Assuming of course that he isn't prepared to extend his deal here by a year or two.

He's far too raw for the Premier League and most Prem sides outside of perhaps the weakest 3 or 4 would be interested in his longer term potential rather than expecting him to go straight in as a regular Prem starter, a bit like Brighton with wee Billy Gilmour who barely played him last season.

Could be the best option open to us and benefit all parties? 

If he's not going to sign a new deal I suspect selling him this summer is going to be a necessity. Would be a shame. In that circumstance, a loan back may be the best we can hope for. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I probably play too much Football Manager and this might not be as common in the real world, but with Rowe's contract expiring in the summer if 2025, I wonder if it might be possible for us to sell him to a Prem Side in the summer but loan him back for the 2024/25 season as part of the deal? Assuming of course that he isn't prepared to extend his deal here by a year or two.

He's far too raw for the Premier League and most Prem sides outside of perhaps the weakest 3 or 4 would be interested in his longer term potential rather than expecting him to go straight in as a regular Prem starter, a bit like Brighton with wee Billy Gilmour who barely played him last season.

Could be the best option open to us and benefit all parties? 

It doesn't!  We've got the option of an extra year after that so in effect his contract with us expires in summer 2026. Well negotiated Stuart Webber. 

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

It doesn't!  We've got the option of an extra year after that so in effect his contract with us expires in summer 2026. Well negotiated Stuart Webber. 

Ah, I didn't realise that, excellent news! 

• Like 1