Sign in to follow this  
Terminally Yellow

Particularly hard to watch

Because at 2 up, I still felt like we were going to lose. If I'm thinking that - can't imagine that fragility was not going through the minds of players as well. 

I can't see how we change it. We've got a Sporting Director seemingly paralysed by being new to the situation and role. A board whose inaction and own indecision and uncertainty and incompetence has allowed this situation to fester to a point where we seem like a team totally out of control. A head coach who has shown time and time and time again that he's just not up to turning this ship around and is making the most bizarre decisions (what the **** were those substitutions today?!) and saying some of the most bizarre things in interviews I've ever heard (a squad unanimously affected by a seemingly minor injury to one player?!). A squad of players so unbalanced, lacking in toughness and mental aptitude that we just don't believe they will be able to see a game through even two up. 

I don't normally like singling individuals out; but how George Long has ended up here when we have young lads like Dan Barden and Archie Mair who I'm sure would have done better than he has tonight? And then there's players like Fassnacht, Giannoulis, Onel and Idah - all of whom I thought had absolutely shocking games tonight. What does Sainz have to do to get a start when these players seemingly stealing a living is no body's clue. 

Even Gabby Sara who is maybe our only light in this very bleak season, is really quite frustrating at times. 

Absolutely ridiculous and if Wagner remains at the club for Bristol City on Sunday, Knapper really does need his head wobbling. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Because at 2 up, I still felt like we were going to lose. If I'm thinking that - can't imagine that fragility was not going through the minds of players as well. 

I can't see how we change it. We've got a Sporting Director seemingly paralysed by being new to the situation and role. A board whose inaction and own indecision and uncertainty and incompetence has allowed this situation to fester to a point where we seem like a team totally out of control. A head coach who has shown time and time and time again that he's just not up to turning this ship around and is making the most bizarre decisions (what the **** were those substitutions today?!) and saying some of the most bizarre things in interviews I've ever heard (a squad unanimously affected by a seemingly minor injury to one player?!). A squad of players so unbalanced, lacking in toughness and mental aptitude that we just don't believe they will be able to see a game through even two up. 

I don't normally like singling individuals out; but how George Long has ended up here when we have young lads like Dan Barden and Archie Mair who I'm sure would have done better than he has tonight? And then there's players like Fassnacht, Giannoulis, Onel and Idah - all of whom I thought had absolutely shocking games tonight. What does Sainz have to do to get a start when these players seemingly stealing a living is no body's clue. 

Even Gabby Sara who is maybe our only light in this very bleak season, is really quite frustrating at times. 

Absolutely ridiculous and if Wagner remains at the club for Bristol City on Sunday, Knapper really does need his head wobbling. 

One swear word in 5 paragraphs is quite an achievement for you to be fair. Keep it up and watch those warnings!