Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

I blame 4 things for friday

1 - Leon Mckenzie. That 1 on 1 with the keeper was the easiest chance we have had all season and he showed to me that he works hard but the quality is lacking.2 - NW. He has once again paid the other team way too much respect. 4-5-1 against Leeds i can understand, they have the players to destroy us if we didnt make it hard for them to break us down. Why pay the same respect to Burnley.....no win in 6, no goal in 450 mins.....they had 0 confidence so why not play 2 up top and really go for it.  If earnie was in the same situation as leon with that 1on1, i think we all agree he would have scored. So i then think well 4-5-1, at least that means safri gets a game in midfield...............to my shock (all though not that surprised) nigel decides to play a LB who he has told this week has no future at the club....does he have a clue at all?!?!?!?3 - The pitch. If burnley wonder why they arent getting results, look at that pitch. The worst i have seen all season.4 - JJ. Showed me that he really doesnt have the desire to wanna play on a wet friday night in burnley. didnt look interested all night. Should have scored aswell. Henderson looked bright when he came on i thought, even though the game was over.Rant over......has been in my system all weekend so glad to get it out

4. The pitch. If burnley wonder why they arent getting results, look at that pitch. The worst i have seen all season.

The only time the ball hit the pitch was when it bounced, burnley managed okay

I thought the way Worthington went about his business on Friday was a perfect, all encompassing statement about why he has to go. All the elements which sap your confidence in him were there -

1) The ridiculously negative formation against the worst form team in the division, in a must-win game

2) The idiotic man management of telling Charlie that he has no future at the club, and then playing him out of position in front of players who presumably DO have a future

3) The one-trick-pony tactics - doesn''t matter which players are selected,whether we play 4-5-1, 4-4-2, or 4-3-3, whether we''re winning or losing or who the opposition is - just get the ball and launch it at the earliest opportunity............game after game after game after game after game...............

4) Leaving a 3 million quid striker with a 30 - goal a season pedigree on the bench simply because he doesn''t fit in with Wortington''s ''Hit it and hope'' style of play

5) Valuing workrate over skill to the point where we make the Wimbledon side of old look like flippin'' Brazil.

If we ever want to see intelligent, passing football at this club again, we have to have a manager who values skillful players and whose vision about how the game should be played involves keeping the ball on the grass as much as possible, not the kind of dreary, predictable, monotonous, ugly hoofball we saw against Burnley (and 80% of all our games this season) that under Nigel we have become synonymous with.

My rant over as well !

1. How many golden chances did Dean Ashton fluff (with consequent loss of points) before he left this season? Leon''s got some catching up to do.

2. Earnie wouldn''t have made the chance in the first place but 1 on 1 i think he would have had more composure. Agree with the rest.

3. Looked like Burnley were playing on the same pitch to me and once they scored seemed perfectly capable of passing a ball.

4. JJ wasn''t the only player under-performing.

[quote user="seedyrom"] The idiotic man management of telling Charlie that he has no future at the club, and then playing him out of position in front of players who presumably DO have a future [/quote] That''s a good point. If Charlton is not worthy of retaining for next season, even in his preferred position at left back, why is he starting now in midfield when Safri is on the bench and Etuhu and Rossi Jarvis are options?? Etuhu hasn''t been exactly great since he signed, but he''s clearly here for the long term and the one way he is going to improve is if he plays regularly!

I think the last time we played burnley away, in our championship wining season, we played 4-3-3 with Mckenzie, Svensson and hucks upfront, how times have changed.