Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

Added time

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Totally agree with you - this should see a lot of timewasting ended, as sides know it’ll be added on.  As it should always have been, of course. 

It seems some have become conditioned into acceptance that it’s ok to pay through the nose only to be short changed. 

This depends on weather you just accept that football is a 90 min sport and all that entails and includes and is all part of the 'theatre'....as it has been for 150 yrs...or whether you feel the only way you can possibly get value for money is for the ball to be in play for a full 90 mins

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

I am a fan of this change and I hope they stick with it.  It's always annoyed me when you're into injury time and the other side take ages over a substitution or goal kick or whatever, cos you knew that time was not going to be added on.  It's only fair to add on time and allow the attacking side the chance to get a late goal (viz R Savage strolling off creating the time for Jackson etc etc).  If it's kept like this, eventually players will waste less time, and that's got to be a good thing.

As to why this has been changed now after 150 years, well I'd guess time wasting wasn't a big issue back in 1880 or whatever.  Many aspects of the game have changed as time has moved on e.g. goal line technology wasn't a thing in 1966.