Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Realistic Expectations for the summer

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

No I haven’t - and actually Ramsey was another decent signing from the summer.  He left due to a mix of his injury and Smith leaving.  Marquinhos hadn’t worked out but then again not one player has looked any good in the last 2 months.

You're right about Ramsey but who got him in to FCR!? Not Webber we know that much. 

12 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Mend bridges with Supporters and local media and start communicating.

Take responsibility for the absolute mess we are in and layout the big picture path to fix.

Give some transparency on what is happening with any takeover.

Announce changes to the board structure to provide better checks and governance of the SD.

Webber and Wagner make it clear what the style of play will be and bring in players able to play it now, not just another bunch of hopeful punts.

I’d be relatively happy with that personally, I see it as best case.

Seems a reasonable set of objectives with the arguable exception of Webber. Iwan Roberts description is like a boy who got over excited with his Christmas toys. Can this really be fixed? Certainly not with his wife as Chief Strategist and Visionary.

13 hours ago, Indy said:

For me I cannot see anything much changing, I don't think Delia & MWJ are ready to go and have been pushed into this position by Foulger wanting to sell and them not wanting or maybe having that money to buy him out, thus MA was bought in. We don't have huge money and all the negative players on long term contracts with I doubt any interest from teams to buy most of them.....As for any changes at DOF or the system well Webbers running the club won't change that, they are making a mint from this club! So no change in system or personnel I don't think......

If that is the case MA may well be more reluctant to invest than he otherwise would be. Foulger may well have done very nicely for himself in a manner that other minority shareholders are unable to achieve, no wonder the transaction is 'private.' It is no way to run a Whelk Stall.