Sign in to follow this  
mystic megson

Rumours re. contracts for youngsters

A couple of days ago someone posted on here, as fact, some rumours about contracts for Academy players which have not, so far as I know, been confirmed by the club.  I don''t think that is very fair or very responsible.  Posting rumours about big hairy centre-halves who can look after themselves is one thing (although I don''t condone that either).  These kids are awaiting a decision that will affect the rest of their lives.  Lay off.

I totally agree with you.comments about 5 year contracts for certain players when their are IMO better young players at the club seem to smell of manipulation. How do these people know so many confidential facts unless they are deliberately released by the club or agents.

Anyone who has watched recent reserve games would notice that some of the better players never get a mention, it is all about self promotion so believe nothing!

|They may not have been confirmed (to the press) by the club but they are FACT.  The lads are at least not awaiting the decision which is the most important thing here.

This was posted as a happy post letting fans know that at last something that a lot of people have wanted to happen has happened and the club are finally looking at the youngsters.  If you wonder how things like this get out KIDS TALK and for some of the boys this is the biggest thing to happen in their life.  I know there is also the downside for the 2 unlucky boys but ultimately the news should be shared with the fans.  I hope the big hairy centre half  rumours (which I have not seen) you are not associating with me. 

You seem to know more about the goings on at Colney than the press especially concerning contracts. You may well be right in what you say but who is asking you to say this- the kids. Telling people that 5 year contracts have been offered will have an affect on the rest of the boys-leave it to the club to make official announcements even if you know you are correct.