Van wink

Happy Valley

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Made me laugh out loud this morning

I just knew the end of this before she said it! Didn't make it any less funny.

And I had forgotten this. 1993 was about the zenith of Corrie. Humour in so many performances, much of it typically northern too. I watched it just for the humour (Norris was superb and Fred and Ashley of course plus I couldn't leave out Hilda Ogden - a complete study she would make  - many others).

Unfortunately the desire to make huge headlines (murders, violence etc) has ruined many a soap. Our primary school headteacher around that time used to suggest parents shouldn't watch programmes like Griefenders - and we knew why. It isn't /! wasn't anywhere near an approximation of everyday life. Whereas 1990s CS was. 

Hell, I now feel old.

But...Enjoyed that.👍

Edited by sonyc
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

I just knew the end of this before she said it! Didn't make it any less funny.

And I had forgotten this. 1993 was about the zenith of Corrie. Humour in so many performances, much of it typically northern too. I watched it just for the humour (Norris was superb and Fred and Ashley of course plus I couldn't leave out Hilda Ogden - a complete study she would make  - many others).

Unfortunately the desire to make huge headlines (murders, violence etc) has ruined many a soap. Our primary school headteacher around that time used to suggest parents shouldn't watch programmes like Griefenders - and we knew why. It isn't /! wasn't anywhere near an approximation of everyday life. Whereas 1990s CS was. 

Hell, I now feel old.

But...Enjoyed that.👍

I must out. myself as being a Corrie fan in olden days as well, not for many years though now. The humour in the shows, often subtle, brilliant writing at the time with many endearing characters. Also a decent villain, you knew where you stood in them days😁

She was brilliant last night, not many series get me on the edge of my seat shouting at the telly, but that certainly did!!