Midlands Yellow

Anyone Ever Have A Trial?

24 minutes ago, HB1989 said:

Had trials with Peterborough and Cambridge and was in King's Lynn's academy.

Played up front with Dom Dwyer when he got scouted for Norwich and he's still playing in the MLS.

Regrettably stopped playing quite early.

I've seen somebody else say that they played with Dom Dwyer and were really surprised that he had any sort of career in football.

Fair play to him for finding a way, I think more English players should go and make a living overseas. A lot of Blue Square North players are probably top tier players in various Asian leagues etc, and could make a living instead of topping up their wages with Deliveroo. Look at Jamie Hopcutt for example, went and won a domestic cup in Sweden and played a few games in Europe.

Ended up married to one of the biggest names in womens football as well, Sydney Leroux, although divorced now.

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I've seen somebody else say that they played with Dom Dwyer and were really surprised that he had any sort of career in football.

Fair play to him for finding a way, I think more English players should go and make a living overseas. A lot of Blue Square North players are probably top tier players in various Asian leagues etc, and could make a living instead of topping up their wages with Deliveroo. Look at Jamie Hopcutt for example, went and won a domestic cup in Sweden and played a few games in Europe.

Ended up married to one of the biggest names in womens football as well, Sydney Leroux, although divorced now.

Yeah I can understand where that other person is coming from as it wasn't obvious that he would make it professionally, the one thing he had at an early age was pace.

Fair play to him for taking the chance in America as he has done well for himself and played against some of the best players in the world. I agree in terms of playing overseas as there is more of an opportunity and always the chance then to come back to England later on in career.