Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy_Fitch

Norwich VS Norwich

After another terrible showing today, I can't help but think how todays team would do against a second string Norwich team and possibly the team for next season. I know we have players injured and out on loan. Would be interesting to see what everyone else thinks. 

Krul, Byram, Hanley, Gibson, Williams, Normann, McClean, Gilmour, Sargent, Rashica, Pukki

vs

Gunn, Mumba, Omobamidele, Zimmerman, McCallum, Lungi, Rupp, Tzolis, Rowe, Dowell, Idah

I've only gone for the starting line up from todays game and I know it's very hypothetical, but where we failed today, i actually can't see the second string doing any worse and if they did face off against each other, my money is on Norwich B team. I still think Tzolis will come good and I think he'll tear up the championship. 

• Like 1

It's an interesting question and I think it highlights the issues with the recruitment strategy. For me the first team is clearly better, but it's not the night and day difference you'd normally expect. In other words, we have reasonable squad depth, but the first team are lacking quality.

That's not really surprising when the board flogged off our main standout player upon getting promoted, and tried to replace him with multiple players for the same money. A few of us called it at the time.