Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

I agree with Worthy (for once!)

Re Andy Hughes - Yes, there was a lot of barracking of Hughesy on Tuesday which is unacceptable. If we''re not careful, he will get hounded out of the club like John Devine was back in the mid 80''s. When Safri went off the reason some fans booed was becuase they wanted Hughes off instead.

As Mook said in this subject recently, if you want to have a go then direct your criticism at Worthy. He signed Hughes and should have known exactly what he was taking on - we knew, the Reading fans told us! It makes no sense at all to slag off individual players, they should only be hounded if they are clearly not pulling their weight. We all know that Hughes should not start when Robinson is available - I''m sure the latter could do a better job at retaining the ball and passing constructively than Hughes but, as we all know, Worthy values ''work rate and effort'' over abiltity. Until, the KTF brigade and the Board actually realise this, no long term improvement will be forthcoming.

For now, though, lets support Hughes and see that end of match clapping of all parts of the ground. That has stopped, I wonder why? That does not mean we stop ''Worthy Out''chants. He is well past his sell by date and we need a fresh approach.  

I agree with that, it''s not Hughes''s fault Worthy keeps picking him!

Personally I won''t be booing him on Saturday.....mainly because I can''t be bothered to go this weekend!

After watching the rubbish that''s been served up recently I''m going to the golf course instead!

i dont boo anyone....

Hughes i dont feel is up to the task though... it really is a shame to see him trying his hardest week in and week out only to be left looking poor by players who are lots better... we have carried him at times this season.

if we did get another manager then sadly i feel Hughes would be one of the first out of the door... but who knows.. perhaps the right man could get him firing on all cylinders and he''d be a hell of a player for us! thats what id like to see anyway

jas :)