Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Passing Football

I have noticed that we have started to play it on the deck these past 3 games.  This begs the question WHY havent we been doing this all season.  Worthy claims they always go out to play passing football..  However there seems to have been a complete change in tactics on the park since the outcry against our recent season long hoofball style....

Far be it from me to accuse anyone of being less than truthful but it seems obvious to me that we have been playing this hoofball style due to orders from the top.  there is no way a team could play like that for 31 matches then suddenly revert to a different style overnight.

I have also noticed rob Green bowling the ball out to the defenders, something we have not seen all season until these last 2 games  - posters on here have been complaining about how he hoofs it upfield all season, and have been wanting us to play it on the deck all season...

Do any of you get the impression that just like last year the last person to realise the problem is, well, you no who...

"Well I didnt want anyone to say they didnt have a chance" - Worthington on picking Shackell, Helveg and Safri against Man Utd, A game he thought we would lose......

Yep, the game against Southampton we played a long ball game in the first fifteen minutes, and were absolute.. well you get the drift. After that we played it on the deck and played the best football ive seen from Norwich in a good year or two.

We do look really good when we pass it about. There was still a tendency to hit some long balls to Earnie though. It was comical watching him competing for them with Darren Moore. I don''t think he won a single one!! I think JJ has helped the passing game too. He runs well with the ball and looks to pass it about! There were lots of times when Fleming passed to JJ to set off a move yesterday where previously he would have punted it forward in hope!